IGNORED

Anyone else feel a new release is coming?

phudoshin

With the recent flood of tons of material like exai, live ae and elseq, id personally like to see a single focused album again.

me too. Autechre albums are my favorite Autechre.

I still think 2017 is aphex hype year, for some reason I think we got the AE live/else-q to "tide us over" the aphex business (whatever is going on); maybe see some studio proper stuff next year? Or late 2017? Not sure I would expect major releases from two of warp's biggest acts at/around the same time.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure I would expect major releases from two of warp's biggest acts around the same time.

You mean like in 2013 when we got Ae in March and BOC in June?

There's a few other examples like this, yes (such as drukqs/go plastic etc). I'm just trying to gauge the current situation and would posit that we're not likely to see both in the same year. 

Also you'd note that I also said we may get Autechre late 2017, which would still coincide with what's going on in camp aphex right now. TH and Exai were almost 6 months apart though, and I'm unsure of Autechre's release schedule historically (do they release in winter/fall? all over the map? etc).

aka lots of unknowns so if anyone feels like putting together an excel spreadsheet with their major acts release dates so we can analyze.. lol. I'm just saying gut feeling is no, no Autechre studio album this year.

Speaking of focus, I want another EP. Not 5 of them presented as some weird quintych, just one banging-ass 3- or 4- track EP. I think it's really cool and neat that their magic music box is sentient now, but the world is moving in a bad direction and we need some filthy bangers to unite us and give us hope again.

Not sure I would expect major releases from two of warp's biggest acts around the same time.

You mean like in 2013 when we got Ae in March and BOC in June?

lol boc

Who are they again?

yeah, i do have a strong feeling for a surprise new ae album tomorrow, don't ask why me cause i don't know why and don't understand where it's coming from, it's just a very very very strong gut feeling.

I'd say that would be another thing on my wishlist for the next ae. maybe not like a 4 month announcement from warp would be nice...

yeah, i do have a strong feeling for a surprise new ae album tomorrow, don't ask why me cause i don't know why and don't understand where it's coming from, it's just a very very very strong gut feeling.

sorry, eugene, but the colonoscopy shows a new afx release. this time with all cabels listed too.

Colonoscopy.jpg

sorry, eugene, but colonoscopy shows a new afx release. this time with all cabels listed too

Colonoscopy.jpg

Strange, very strange, my reference proctologist diagnosed Ghestal communication traces

if this is wrong you will be suspended for 4000 years from watmm, also just a gut feeling ; )

watmm gut party

asam-lambung-gif-1.gif?w=428

hey i've got a feeling in my guts, too!

oh, nevermind.

no, no...i know what you mean

44l9Zyh.gif

*projects homosexuality annoyingly*

no new todaey => i be gutted (hue).

no, no...i know what you mean

44l9Zyh.gif

*projects homosexuality annoyingly*

not quite what i've been getting at but yeah... nasty gif o_O

sorry guys, i was a little bit constipated and mistook this feeling for an upcoming ae release. there will be no new autechre album. ever.

cccccc i knew it! this kind of behavior calls for an 'educational' colonoscopy. get him!

Archived