IGNORED

Anyone else feel a new release is coming?

phudoshin

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be disappointed if true.

Always figured it just meant "live sequenced"; derivatives from the live sets.

edit: sorry, disappointed sounds ungrateful. I'm glad they were released and that everyone seems to enjoy them but there are only 2 or 3 songs I like; my least fav autechre release of all. But again, I'm grateful they were released for everyone's enjoyment.

Beggars can't be choosers? or something like that.

in any case Twelb will be released in March 2015

QFT

I'm with you Bulky Boo elseq is very spotty imo. I rarely listen to any of it, and when I do I'm almost always bored halfway through whatever song it is. There's a few that are sometimes interesting but in general it was a major miss as far as I'm concerned.

Ok, thanks. I thought I was just being a dickhead or something (as I'm known as). I really enjoy feed1 for sure, and acdwn2 for sure. Few others too. But the rest are a bit meandering or pointless, not to mention too long, for me. 

Matter of tastes I suppose.

feed1 is a banger. I've listened to the rest a fair amount but it's hard to pick out individual tracks and I rarely ever listen to more than one "side" without a break.

The one that goes blblblblbgrkrkrkgffffffdshshsgbgfsaa is cool

elseq is a monolith. I love the bleakness of the meandering sound design-focused tracks. The entire thing is a whole new level of post-modernism; art music that could only be made by two dudes getting high and fucking around with sound.

It would be nice if they released a concise EP or album, but I'm also fine with their next release being a 15-hour, three track sound sculpture.

;D

Am I the only one who doesn't care for feed1?

I mean feed1>>eastre

But... of all the elseq it's maybe my 3rd most skipped

Yeah Feed 1 is one of my least favs... Though Eastre is one of my favs! Autechre for you hey 

As for new release if anything is imminent I think it will be release of last years live set, although I am getting worried now that they might not have any recording they are 100% happy with this :(

Not sure I would expect major releases from two of warp's biggest acts around the same time.

You mean like in 2013 when we got Ae in March and BOC in June?

For me 2001 was the ultimate IDM Warp year... we got new albums from: Aphex Twin, Autechre, Tortoise, Prefuse 73, Plaid, Squarepusher, Chris Clark & Brothomstates.... Imagine !

I mean feed1>>eastre

Yeah Feed 1 is one of my least favs... Though Eastre is one of my favs! Autechre for you hey 

As for new release if anything is imminent I think it will be release of last years live set, although I am getting worried now that they might not have any recording they are 100% happy with this :(

yeah i will be disappointed if we don't get soundboards of last year's stuff. audience recordings sounded pretty evil

I've only heard parts of one live recording (Barbican one I think) as I didn't want to spoil it if soundboards did come out, and yeah it sounded so different to their previous live sets - slower paced but with incredible sound detail. I definitely would love a live 16 collection!

I mean feed1>>eastre

I'm still waiting for it to 'click'. Getting closer I think. But my least favourite on elseq1.

I mean feed1>>eastre

yeah i will be disappointed if we don't get soundboards of last year's stuff. audience recordings sounded pretty evil

I got a feeling the bootlegs are so good they won't do soundboards. Also for me the difference in pace means that a lot of the sets are less differentiable than the previous sets - except for the ones that are sparser due to the space (like Berlin) in which case the bootleg is possibly more effective.

Hope that I'm wrong. But have more or less given up on a release of the soundboards.

I mean feed1>>eastre

I got a feeling the bootlegs are so good they won't do soundboards. Also for me the difference in pace means that a lot of the sets are less differentiable than the previous sets - except for the ones that are sparser due to the space (like Berlin) in which case the bootleg is possibly more effective.

Hope that I'm wrong. But have more or less given up on a release of the soundboards.

I agree that the onesix tour has less variations than the 2014 set (we must also consider that onesix has been consumed over a single month, while AE_LIVE covers an entire year's space: between one date and another they have had all the time to think about extremely varied sessions), but I'm less in agreement with the "bootlegs quality" question. Even in the case of the previous liveset, we had high quality bootlegs since the first date (Krakow), and yet we had 9 soundboards. Despite high-level bootlegs, in Onesix's case the soundboard might be even better: it is a meditative soundtrip, the aesthetic of the sound plays protagonist, at the expense of the percussion elements: a bootleg can't captures a work of sound designers like this. It would need a soundboard that is not too compressed (unlike AE_LIVE), keeping the dynamics intact. Since Rob and Sean are non-condensable people, I was hoping that they would release at least one version of Onesix (not necessarily a tour date) that was adapted and transformed for a home stereo system: the idea of ​​keeping the recording intact as evidence of the live experience is not to be applied to Autechre: if there is anyone free to do anything, they are them.

Obviously, now that I have written this, they will decide not to leave anything out.

^^

"Non-condensable" ...? I think I wanted to write "unconditional". I'm maturing the suspect that the google translator's algorithm has taken a crunch for Hal.

^^

"Non-condensable" ...? I think I wanted to write "unconditionable". I'm maturing the suspect that the google translator's algorithm has taken a crunch for Hal.

• 1 month later...

Would it make sense to post live one year after their performance? It would be a profoundly anachronistic action: I believe we will never have the privilege of re-listening to Aeonesix in its original fullness.

I also feel a great sadness for the 2010 Oversteps tour. These days I am listening to it with worrying insistence. The date in Brussels (Domino) is incredibly intense and regenerative. Melodies, organic sounds, and inconceivable rhythms follow each other in a sonic odyssey that alone would leave Rob and Sean's signature in the history of human communication. Yet, there will only be a bootleg for the use and consumption of few and patient people, who don't be discouraged by amateur recording and chaos.
I invite you to listen again to the whole part from 50:32 onwards: is not one of the most beautiful, moving and unmistakable musical fragments ever written by humans?

I can not understand what has kept them from publishing a work of this consistency. There is something really illogical, irritating and frustrating at times in the choices they make.

Archived