IGNORED

Anyone else feel a new release is coming?

phudoshin

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This 

i wish they would abandon there maxmsp stuff for a while and use some dated gear someting they used between 92 and 95 , just to see what comes out by limitation instead of endless possibilities.

then they could do a release with some vintage max patches.

maybe they could do a version of Matmos' Ultimate Care but use a different washing machine.. or perhaps the dryer instead of the washing machine. 

srsly though.. i just want more.. whatever thing they choose to make it with.. i couldn't care less.  eventually they'll release something. i'll buy it and play the shit out of it. 

Roberto, Samuele,

Do you see it? we are bitterly scratching the bottom of the barrel.

when people talk about the right dress to cum, the signal is unmistakable: new material needs to be published. Do not do this at this point, it's a clear act of self-complacent sadism.

Be gentle with us.

Pls.

Zeanng pls

Rrrrrr b pls

Seriously though, we're already beyond spoiled by the last few years' material. Not sure why anyone would expect new material right now (but obviously I wouldn't say no to some 2016 soundboards).

I think they should just tour new material and release soundboards. Why bother titting around in the studio when you've already made a new album every night anyway?

I'm being serious here. Maybe release their favourite on CD.

I think they should just tour new material and release soundboards. Why bother titting around in the studio when you've already made a new album every night anyway?

I'm being serious here. Maybe release their favourite on CD.

Exai is pretty fucking great though. i mean. i'd like another one that's 2 hours long or whatever and not made just to be heard live ay? 

This 

i wish they would abandon there maxmsp stuff for a while and use some dated gear someting they used between 92 and 95 , just to see what comes out by limitation instead of endless possibilities.

maybe they could do a version of Matmos' Ultimate Care but use a different washing machine.. or perhaps the dryer instead of the washing machine. 

srsly though.. i just want more.. whatever thing they choose to make it with.. i couldn't care less.  eventually they'll release something. i'll buy it and play the shit out of it. 

i think that with Elseq they reached their singularity and this means they are not going to progress but stagnate in their current sound.

thats why i made that comment about old gear and limitations.

the problem: ae never go backwards

This 

i think that with Elseq they reached their singularity and this means they are not going to progress but stagnate in their current sound.

thats why i made that comment about old gear and limitations.

er?  so you just contradicted your own self.  

they are not going to progress but stagnate in their current sound.

anyway... more songs in the autechre language is a good thing.. 

If they can make an album a day maybe they could just stream a bunch? Would ruin the specialness of their tunes somewhat though.

I'm probably in the minority but I really just want another EP. Something short and focused. I guess that's kind of anachronistic now though.

not going backwards doesnt imply moving forward. I don't feel like they're stagnating though, I hope they still have some Oversteps style left turns in them

i didn't mean stagnating in a negative way, its just they achieved their ultimate goal with elseq and playing it live by having  this constantly evolving monster max/msp sounds. They could make 100 of elseq´s but in the end its going to sound all the same.

not going backwards doesnt imply moving forward. I don't feel like they're stagnating though, I hope they still have some Oversteps style left turns in them

i didn't mean stagnating in a negative way, its just they achieved their ultimate goal with elseq and playing it live by having  this constantly evolving monster max/msp sounds. They could make 100 of elseq´s but in the end its going to sound all the same.

i don't agree.. the soundbaords from 2015 they released vs the next bunch of live sets a year later (or however long ago it was)  they didn't release are completely different.  as they learn new things it gets folded in and something a bit different comes out..  

as ever i just want to hear it.. whatever it is. 

I hope they still have some Oversteps style left turns in them

this.

I'm probably in the minority but I really just want another EP. Something short and focused. I guess that's kind of anachronistic now though.

Definitely not just you at least, I've been hoping for this for quite a while. The huge sets of tunes are great but they can often be meandering, unfocused, and literally covering the same ground at times. I'm not really a fan of any of those things for their more 'official' (anything not-AE_LIVE, basically) releases.

just compare how much they usually chance in 5 years from Untilted to Quaristice to Oversteps and now compare how much they chanced since Exai, not much and i think the reasion is because they reached their goal or whatever you want to call it.

Archived