IGNORED

Lost Woods

QQQ

one of the most difficult parts of making a track is knowing when to call it finished. i've tampered with the mix over the past few days so i think it's time to let it go into the wild. let me know if you have any comments! thanks.

Relaxing and positive sounds. This is really nice. I really like a few of the songs on your SC. Especially Red Night and Seven Years Of Bad Weather.

I have to compliment your use of white noise.

I very much agree with you in what you said about not knowing when to call it finished with a track. It's especially annoying for me when I get excited and upload the new version, then think of something else later on. I should get rid of the internet or disconnect it for a few days at a time or something.

Very chill. I quite like the soft feeling. If I had to critique something it would that the pads with the slow attack are a little too dry, but only a little!

i have noticed that my tracks are generally quite dry. i think this is because i'm still figuring out a good workflow and i tend to add effects just before the mixing stage at this point, though i should put more thought into them through the whole process.

Relaxing and positive sounds. This is really nice. I really like a few of the songs on your SC. Especially Red Night and Seven Years Of Bad Weather.

I have to compliment your use of white noise.

I very much agree with you in what you said about not knowing when to call it finished with a track. It's especially annoying for me when I get excited and upload the new version, then think of something else later on. I should get rid of the internet or disconnect it for a few days at a time or something.

thanks for checking out my other tracks, 747. i'm happy you liked a few :)

i have a huge weakness for noise, hiss, fuzz etc and love when they are used musically.

i've came to the idea that i'll never feel a track is truly "finished". a hard but interesting part of the process is knowing when to cut the cord and accept it as it is, let it float off and become it's own thing. to stop being so precious about it, y'know?

thank you both for your comments, i appreciate it.

Nice chill track. The main melody has a pleasant feeling, but I would try to make it more catchy. Also there are pads that seem to cut off instantly at the end, which I would rather to end more smoothly with an fade out. Still and enjoyable track. Keep up the good work.

Mixes/tracks are never finished, they're just due.

I really like the piano melody, agree that the pads could use a hint of verb maybe but their dryness didn't bug me too much. You could even split the pads onto separate tracks, hard pan 'em, and pop a small bit of delay on there to make them a bit wider/softer.  Very chill and vibey, really enjoyed this one. Feels like listening to a sunrise in a meadow or sumtink

Feels like listening to a sunrise in a meadow or sumtink

i'm going for an earthy & natural vibe so this is great to hear. it's good to know some of my intention comes across in the music

thank you both for the feedback

I could definitely see this in a video game of some sort. I like it! Solid stuff and I like the pulsating bass line :) It sounds like the main melody could use a bit of quantization, but that's just me being nitpicky :)

Archived