IGNORED

Kraftwerk - 3D Catalogue (May 27th)

fumi

KACvCbGa.jpg

Parlophone are releasing Kraftwerk: 3-D The Catalogue next month, an audio/video document – available in a number of physical editions – that features all eight albums as performed live in the leading museums of the world in the last few years.

This set – which is available as a deluxe blu-ray box set, vinyl box, and CD set – features the eight classic Kraftwerk albums in chronological order: Autobahn (1974), Radio-Activity (1975), Trans Europe Express (1977), The Man-Machine (1978), Computer World (1981), Techno Pop (1986), The Mix (1991) and Tour De France (2003) – filmed and recorded between 2012 and 2016 on the band’s 3-D World Tour. The locations include MoMA (New York), The Tate Modern Turbine Hall (London), Akasaka Blitz (Tokyo), Opera House (Sydney), Norske Opera (Oslo), Paradiso (Amsterdam), Fondation Louis Vuitton (Paris) and Neue National Galerie (Berlin).

The 12 x 12-inch Deluxe Blu-Ray/Book edition features four Blu-Ray discs and a 236-page hardback art-book containing computer generated images from the 3-D multi-media performances alongside a selection of unseen photos. Two blu-rays cover the album performances, the other two discs contain tour films and projections. Everything is 3D but compatible with standard 2D. These all have Dolby Atmos 5.1 audio too, if you’re amp is compatible! The total running time is 436 minutes.

The nine-LP deluxe vinyl box set has the eight albums (The Mix being a double) as performed across the world and mixed by Kraftwerk, who say the sound quality is “peerless”. An eight-CD box set mirrors the vinyl package, but is considerably cheaper.

If all this is too much, then abriged 77-minute versions are available on two-LP vinyl and on both discs of a blu-ray+DVD combo pack

3-D The Catalogue is issued on 26 May 2017.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great! now they can finally start working on the 4D catalogue

it's where the ralf robot sucks you off
Just tell me where to pay...incognito ?

But really...Isn't it time for new material?! Already!

It certainly is. They've dined out on this back catalogue for 14 years now. How many more times are they going to repackage their old stuff? Kraftwerk fans will no doubt love another version of songs they wrote decades ago but where is the innovation?

Of course, I read that there is only one original member left now so calling it Kraftwerk is a slight thing indeed.

From what I've seen on youtube it sounds pretty much identical to the 15 years old Minimum Maximum versions...

and the vid is just four 60 year old guys standing with the usual Kraftwerk imagery in the background - again, same as Minimum Maximum, the catch being now there's 10 year old looking CGI too

dang yall are being kinda harsh in here!!

how many of you have seen the 3D show live? It's certainly markedly different from the minimum maximum tour while of course sticking to the determined KW oeuvre/set list. Plus there was plenty of live modulation of the sounds and rhythms when i saw them. ralf fucked up a thing on autobahn and it was out of sync and he smiled and bowed his head and i cried tears of joy. I'd personally LOVE to hear how amazing it sounds and looks through my oppo and some nice speakers+TV in the middle. KW have are the most aesthetically successful musical group of all time - it is pure, modern gesamtkunstwerk and I feel like Ralf and the rest of the operators have finally upgraded the man-machine to where they want it musically and visually. It's a fucking blast to be there and given the autistic QC this set will be great.

my question is will the 4 blurays be sufficient or do i need to get the CD version too (LPs too pricey unfortunately)

great! now they can finally start working on the 4D catalogue

it's where the ralf robot sucks you off

flolwerk

This is pretty cool. I did get to see this show live in Seattle, and it was really solid. This oughta be worth it just for the reworked versions of Computer World and Electric Cafe, which I was very much impressed by. Reworked version of Numbers would kill in any dancefloor mix

well blu-ray box ordered. can't do nothing when this shit is in front of me except buy - world's biggest kraftwerk apologist here

still slightly confused because the blu-ray "tracklisting" is generally in the order of the albums but not quite. Will the LP and CD sets be in the exact track order of the albums, but just live recordings? From what I recall there were two different live show set-ups that they had prepared. At the infamous MoMa shows they played an album a night, in track list order. When I saw them a few years after that, they played a 2.5 hr smattering of all their albums in generally chronological order. I suppose a CD set tracklisting would clear this up - but for now I'm sure the blu-rays will sound and look amazing and look to have more than enough. can't wait to turn down the lights and dance around with the cool shit on the tv

ralf isn't retired. he's 70 fucking years old and touring around the world playing and singing live. and it's looking like he's having a lot of fun. he and the team have developed an incredible live show over the last few years, and now they're doing some serious KW QC on this boxset. honestly do not understand the cynicism here

Going to see them play a show in June in Oxford so I'll probably pick one of these up from the merchandise stall

I can't wait until Richard gets into his 60's and starts releasing shit like this to fund his retirement

If any of the Top Tier IDM god's released a remastered box set of all their albums, shit would get real round here

Going to see them play a show in June in Oxford so I'll probably pick one of these up from the merchandise stall

I can't wait until Richard gets into his 60's and starts releasing shit like this to fund his retirement

If any of the Top Tier IDM god's released a remastered box set of all their albums, shit would get real round here

Not from me it wouldn't.

Got no time for artists just rinsing the same shit, over and over again.

It certainly is. They've dined out on this back catalogue for 14 years now. How many more times are they going to repackage their old stuff? Kraftwerk fans will no doubt love another version of songs they wrote decades ago but where is the innovation?

i will happily lik on thr glistening, golden regurgitations.

dang yall are being kinda harsh in here!!

how many of you have seen the 3D show live? It's certainly markedly different from the minimum maximum tour while of course sticking to the determined KW oeuvre/set list. Plus there was plenty of live modulation of the sounds and rhythms when i saw them. ralf fucked up a thing on autobahn and it was out of sync and he smiled and bowed his head and i cried tears of joy. I'd personally LOVE to hear how amazing it sounds and looks through my oppo and some nice speakers+TV in the middle. KW have are the most aesthetically successful musical group of all time - it is pure, modern gesamtkunstwerk and I feel like Ralf and the rest of the operators have finally upgraded the man-machine to where they want it musically and visually. It's a fucking blast to be there and given the autistic QC this set will be great.

Have seen both shows and the 3D one is pretty satisfying tbh. The aesthetics are the same (as they should be imo) but with subtle perspective tricks and some ocasional fun pop-ups. Had a great time.

Archived