IGNORED

Kraftwerk - 3D Catalogue (May 27th)

fumi

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

uhh i don't think anyone was saying that it's not available. i've had it on CD and vinyl forever. I just wish KW didn't turn their back on it for the live sets, which they haven't completely - they've just left out some of the best vocoder work ever recorded.

• 3 weeks later...

well saw them twice in three days. of course a blast but also some issues.

first show at finlandia-talo in helsinki - a seated concert hall filled with polite finns. Everyone sat. Fuck this, i said, and went and stood in the wings so I could dance. Near then end a few ladies came and danced with me. I still find it daft that a band that practically invented electronic dance music even book seated venues. Started the show with numbers, computerworld and computer love. Worked their way through the hits, electric cafe, spacelab and the new version of airwaves being a few deeper cuts included. Ended the show with the boing boom tschak techno pop medley. 

Second show was in Tallinn in the hockey area. standing room with beer which was far preferable but then of course people are talking the entire time which is extremely annoying to me. So polite silence while seated in helsinki vs standing, dancing, beer and endless russian chatter in Tallinn. not an easy choice.

Visuals are great, nice 3d - the robots is the best one as the arms extend out and grab you. hilarious.

What is quite charming is that they are clearly playing a LOT of this live. Ralf messes up all the time, not sure it's totally obvious to everyone but it is jarring to a nerd who has memorized every nuance of every track they've ever made. The live playing really adds a new layer of the whole kraftwerk anachronistic take on technology. They were signing about 40s and 50s tech in the 70s with synthesizers, and now in 2018, they actually PLAY synthesizers when everyone else just presses play.

for both shows there was some weird ass mixing. treble way to low, mid range going in and out.  When i abandoned my seat to dance in the wings I wound up standing behind the sound guy who... didn't seem to be doing his job. These were the first few shows of this tour so let's hope it gets ironed out. 

The most important part is that they are having fun (especially ralf) which warms my heart. Thank you Kraftwerk! I love you!

Yeah I'm currently convincing my gf to come with me at a Kraftwerk show this summer. They're playing a lot of gigs but none in France which sucks :(

With the 3d thing their entire discography finally "clicked" with me so seeing them live would be dope!

I wonder if we'll ever see any new material?

They've basically done fuck all in fifteen years except dine off their back catalogue with tours and reissues, etc.

someone should send mail to ralf hutter, something like:

''now we know that florian schneider was the brain of your little band. no schneider, no music! schneider = music non stop''

maybe that'd triger him :diablo:

''now we know that florian schneider was the brain of your little band. no schneider, no music! schneider = music non stop''

Reminds me of this situation.

00000793.png

• 2 years later...

Archived