IGNORED

26 Boots For Legs

BoomTssPhace

26 Mixes for Cash is a legitimate release (as if there was any doubt), but the ABB 1-5 is certainly a bootleg and illegal.

This new 4LP of 26 Mixes is obviously bootlegged. It looks terrible, and so does that other ugly AB thing. Amazing that people would want to pay for this shit. 

26 Mixes for Cash is a legitimate release (as if there was any doubt), but the ABB 1-5 is certainly a bootleg and illegal.

This new 4LP of 26 Mixes is obviously bootlegged. It looks terrible, and so does that other ugly AB thing. Amazing that people would want to pay for this shit. 

AH! I totally forgot there never was a vinyl release for 26 Mixes! Colour me embarrassed!  :blush:

Update: it sounds rly good, i didn't make a bad purchase after all

thanks for the update good to hear, I was this close to thinking this release is awful

I imagine he was referring to the pressing itself?

AH! I totally forgot there never was a vinyl release for 26 Mixes! Colour me embarrassed!  :blush:

Hand in your badge and gun sir!

Haha, had to jump in there :)

Well, except for the 2 track promo only released in Japan: https://www.discogs.com/Aphex-Twin-2-Mixes-On-A-12-For-Cash/release/194780

Haha, had to jump in there :)

1GFzL7j9hz-4.png

:emotawesomepm9:

thought you were from Texas? are you a UK import? or a bootleg American?

Hi Richard

It's a good release to have on wax, albeit illegitimately released, and luckily it is indeed a quality pressing (span), so stop being lil binches (jan)

But....wasn't the original CD pressing done with low quality sources?

So if the vinyl has been pressed using the CDs, then...

Well it sounds like the cd from Warp that i've listened to since like 2007, i.e. it sounds pretty good to my ears. I could be wrong but uh i don't plan on ripping each track and pouring though spectrograms any time soon

Well it sounds like the cd from Warp that i've listened to since like 2007, i.e. it sounds pretty good to my ears. I could be wrong but uh i don't plan on ripping each track and pouring though spectrograms any time soon

But you don't really need to be poring over spectrographs to be able to hear it - as dr lopez has already made light of, some of the tracks just sound janky as fuck.

I specifically didn't mention low-bitrate MP3 sources (although some of the tracks are this), due to the fact that there are some tracks that have problems with distortion, and also have been edited down to shorten their duration.

Yeah so i guess it sounds as good as it will get? Unless it's like remasters directly from richard

Well, as good as it will get would be at least compiling the bootleg from the originally released media (CDs or records) - that would resolve the edited / poor quality tracks.

For the ones that aren't available on other releases, then yeah the 26 Mixes For Cash CD copies would have to suffice.

It's a good release to have on wax, albeit illegitimately released, and luckily it is indeed a quality pressing (span), so stop being lil binches (jan)

Yeah, that's how the story goes - WARP even reached out to me to see if I had the 3" CD of Heroes... it all came down to timing (poor that is) - WARP supposedly got wind of some label wanting to do exactly the same thing, so they beat them to the punch (probably why tDR phoned in the design work too).

Now, you might say "Why wouldn't WARP just have gotten the masters from Richard?" The rumour at the time was he wasn't interested in such a release, and it would take him too long to find the masters for those out of the hundreds of tracks he did (and recall he famously took his own tracks and offered them up as "remixes" of other artists' tunes).

OK, I think I've made up for my memory faux pas earlier.

Yeah, that's how the story goes - WARP even reached out to me to see if I had the 3" CD of Heroes... it all came down to timing (poor that is) - WARP supposedly got wind of some label wanting to do exactly the same thing, so they beat them to the punch (probably why tDR phoned in the design work too).

Now, you might say "Why wouldn't WARP just have gotten the masters from Richard?" The rumour at the time was he wasn't interested in such a release, and it would take him too long to find the masters for those out of the hundreds of tracks he did (and recall he famously took his own tracks and offered them up as "remixes" of other artists' tunes).

OK, I think I've made up for my memory faux pas earlier.

Joyrex, you should write a book before all is forgotten...

Always great to read your stories about the aphex.

Archived