IGNORED

Jack Peoples (James Stinson) - Laptop Cafe

cear

Clone really going above and beyond with this Drexciya curation. Who could have expected this?

I wonder how this ties into the Other People Place project what with such a similar alias and album name, the clips sound like a continuation of that as well. So lucky that the first bit of rediscovered Stinson ephemera is related to one of his finest albums. Tho I'm sure I'd be just as excited if somebody turned up a lost Digital Aphrodisiac album down the back of their sofa.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://daily.redbullmusicacademy.com/2017/06/drexciya-infinite-journey-to-inner-space

Well worth a read.  Really looking forward to the Jack Peoples release.

bookmarked, will read this with a beer in hand this evening. looking forward to it.

Listened to the Elecktroids album again the other day,I forgot how good that one is. For some reason I usually only remember it for the cheesy vocal samples, but there's some seriously funky beats in there. Plus Midnight Drive is immaculate, of course. Hopefully that one's up soon in the repress schedule.

Edit: ^That was my 1,000th post!  :cool:

Oh man I wanna get this!

Funny story, I was at my local record shop last week and asked if they could get a copy of the Grava 4 reish, and they were like 'oh, well it's sold out, but we have a used copy of the CD reissue at a different location, we can ship it to you'… I was like, they did a CD re-re too? I had them order it for me, and then scoured the internet for info on this CD reissue, and found nothing. Sure enough I get a call yesterday, 'hey your Drexciya album came in, but it's actually a vinyl copy, not a cd…' so yeah, just got that and for a nice price of 16$ looks pretty much new. Also bought Carl Craig's Versus, the 3x12" deluxe vinyl, not to mention that crazy aphex twin ypsilanti voyage… and still want to get the new Dopplereffekt LP.

And I am still waiting on the new Robert Hood LP to finally arrive from Bleep… 21 days and still hasn't gotten here. I sooo wanna get this EP but damn, it takes so long for records to ship from bleep and doing the cheaper shipping option doesn't give you tracking… and I've spent way more than I probably should have on records the last two months already… what is a techno fan to do? :catcry:

^ nice 1 (:

v excite 2 hear jack peoples laptop café 12" viynl ep o boi,

+ diggin' their cover artwork - watercolour? phat faded texta? ... space dimensional metallurgicals : 

CAL008_3000pxFront-950x530-1493131235.jp

Just got mine in together with some other gems, this one is more than a worthy welcome after all those years. Sounds a LOT better on the system than through the facebook stream too :^) 

I'll be playing this a lot, just soaked in good vibes

I agree with the Other People Place vs Transllusion comparisons. Really liking the sunny vibe, steel drums, electric piano, free-style synth noodling mixed in with the weirder, harder almost atonal background stuff and rhythms.

I wonder if the alias was taken purely from that vocal sample in the last track or if it was indicated in some other way? Can't wait to see the drexciya research lab get stuck into this release.

I agree with the Other People Place vs Transllusion comparisons. Really liking the sunny vibe, steel drums, electric piano, free-style synth noodling mixed in with the weirder, harder almost atonal background stuff and rhythms.

I wonder if the alias was taken purely from that vocal sample in the last track or if it was indicated in some other way? Can't wait to see the drexciya research lab get stuck into this release.

Clone must've gotten that title straight from Stinson back when they got the DAT, or maybe through help from Gerald Donald? I doubt they just made this up.

^ nice 1 (:

v excite 2 hear jack peoples laptop café 12" viynl ep o boi,

+ diggin' their cover artwork - watercolour? phat faded texta? ... space dimensional metallurgicals : 

CAL008_3000pxFront-950x530-1493131235.jp

felt tips innit

Got mine yesterday, lush summer listening

I hadn't heard this before but stuck it on today after it arrived during the week.

Its really very nice. The sound on my copy is perfect (I think I saw some complaints above about the pressing?).

Love the steel drums.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived