IGNORED

Fyre Festival

Squee

Yeah, at first I thought it was some crude American frat boy analogy for doing whatever needed to be done, but as the anecdote goes on it becomes clear he means it literally...

It's like me asking my 70yr old dad to suck off someone from the local council after being denied planning permission, instead of complaining to the ombudsman or the local MP or whatever the fuck. Mental

Edited by Amen Warrior

Saw the netflix version of Fyre and the teflon documentary "The Devil We Know." They were way too easy and sympathetic on the perpetrators, promoters and, if anything, should have been framed as a scathing critique of late-stage capitalism and advertising in general. The Fyre Festival one especially. Rich kid "entrepreneur" having his perverted wish entertained by desperate employees by waving a paycheque in front of them, and they were framing it as "a charismatic con man." I got the same vibes from McFarland as I do from Elon Musk. Ja Rule just seems greedy and stupid as fuck. I heard the Hulu doc paid him McFarland 6 figure sum to be in theirs so he scammed people again!

The only saving grace from it was that he fleeced a bunch of rich kids in the process.

Ja Rule DOES seem pretty stupid. Stupid with an overblown ego and isn't used to getting a "no". My favourite line from him was, "That's not fraud. That's not fraud. That is, uh, I would call that false advertising."

Last night I watched the Netflix one. What a fucking delusional goddamn idiot.

The guy that they hired to look at the infrastructure was the only reasonable person in the entire documentary. I worked live audio for like ten years so I felt really bad for the dude and his crew that had to build the stage. And obviously everyone that lives on the island that will never be paid for their labor. What the fuck.

I liked how the interviews with the concert-goers just made them look like pampered douche bags.

• 2 weeks later...

FuckJerry is some insidious shit. I'd seen it floating around for years and always thought it was just a silly meme account but it's grown to be some kind of cancerous ad/marketing agency.

Like & share for a free iPhone XVII

fucking grifters living in a delusional world who suck their own dicks selling hype to entitled super rich.  all these people suck. 

feel bad for honest hardworking people who got caught up in this clusterfuck. 

• 4 years later...