IGNORED

Reason Now Has VST Support

koolkeyZ865

I don't quite understand, why did it not? When I used the free Modplug Tracker back in '99 it had VST support. Is it going to let you upload to Soundcloud in 2034 ?

Vst- 1996. Vst 2-1999. Vst 3 - 2008. Reason vst 3 - 2017. Yikes.

This literally means you can now just use vsts in conjunction within reason. Which you've been able to do for many years. The actual news is that it's slightly less cluttered now.

Vst- 1996. Vst 2-1999. Vst 3 - 2008. Reason vst 3 - 2017. Yikes.

This literally means you can now just use vsts in conjunction within reason. Which you've been able to do for many years. The actual news is that it's slightly less cluttered now.

You've only been able to do it for years when running alongside a host DAW

Such a horrible sequencer...so clunky

The sequencer used to be really good before version 4 - it was quick and dirty. Then they did v4, and it got too much like Cubase

Tried it eons ago, and am willing to give it another shot though 369 euro's is too much for a side-daw I'll hardly use. Do they ever do black-Friday like discounts? 

It only supports VST 2.4

UGKTpmRh.jpg

i used to really like reason, but haven't used it since 2.5. what's it like for controlling external gear these days?

It's usable but it's not as flexible as you'd think, where the CV cable routing is concerned (you have to make multiple MIDI instrument rack items if you want to control multiple MIDI CC events via cabling.

About time, and in their twitter they're all patting themselves on the back. 

It only supports VST 2.4

UGKTpmRh.jpg

369 euro's

Holy fuck are these guys high? Welcome to the late 20th century ffs.

Yeah, when they started charging full price upgrade prices for stupid fucking shit like skinnable interface, they really jumped the shark.

Such a horrible sequencer...so clunky

The sequencer used to be really good before version 4 - it was quick and dirty. Then they did v4, and it got too much like Cubase

yeah, so true

As far as I can see 369 is full price, if you already have an earlier version you can upgrade for 129,-. Looking at what they offer, Reason essentials looks interesting to me for 69,-, that is if it will also support vst(i)'s. I don't care much about extra soundpacks and what not.

Archived