IGNORED

Bandcamp article on Rephlex Records

Rubin Farr

Hey man why is everyone so obsessed about aphex twin first fact magazine and then bandcamp comes along for the second time to swoop him away I say BACK OFF missy he is ours!

Interesting!

It would be so nice if Rephlex came back with all of its old releases on Bandcamp and it would be a dream if it went with everything planned but then did not come out. Even only digital.

So with all this AFX hype maybe MfM is really coming soon!!

"But following Rephlex’s closure, all rights reverted to the artists, meaning many of the label’s best releases are now available on Bandcamp."

:duckhunt:

my Lisa carbon rabbit hole debut

super

I had no idea that Lisa Carbon Trio and Atom TM were the same person until now. Good album but I'm not sure about top ten Rephlex. 

Can't disagree with about 7 of them, I'd have chucked some Gerald Donald in there, and someone other than Ultrademon representing the final wave of artists. although these articles are always hamstrung by whether or not the artist have a bandcamp 

my Lisa carbon rabbit hole debut

super

I had no idea that Lisa Carbon Trio and Atom TM were the same person until now. Good album but I'm not sure about top ten Rephlex. 

Can't disagree with about 7 of them, I'd have chucked some Gerald Donald in there, and someone other than Ultrademon representing the final wave of artists. although these articles are always hamstrung by whether or not the artist have a bandcamp 

It's not about a top ten of Rephlex albums, it's a top ten of Rephlex releases that have since been reissued on bandcamp or picked up by other labels. I would've chucked EOD on there though.

The Gentle People released a lot of post Rephlex stuff exclusively on iTunes, they were great and always answered emails.  Doug should put their back catalogue up on BC.

yea this article was great. far far better than the embarrassing lo-fi "we've reverted back to analog synths" house  article.

only major issue is mood bells when cylobian sunset is on bandcamp. ya dun goof'd

Ultrademon's Seapunk album "raised a few eyebrows amongst a portion of Rephlex’s fanbase"

i didnt even realize it was related to rephlex until i heard a rumor almost 6 months after its release.

what was the deal with it not being an official "CAT---" release?

Ultrademon's Seapunk album "raised a few eyebrows amongst a portion of Rephlex’s fanbase"

i didnt even realize it was related to rephlex until i heard a rumor almost 6 months after its release.

what was the deal with it not being an official "CAT---" release?

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/81647-rephlex-recent-cat-logic/

Hey man why is everyone so obsessed about aphex twin first fact magazine and then bandcamp comes along for the second time to swoop him away I say BACK OFF missy he is ours!

Lot of bandcamp writers are freelances who write for FACT, RA, pfork, etc. including the author of this and the AFX bandcamp article from late last year.

yea this article was great. far far better than the embarrassing lo-fi "we've reverted back to analog synths" house  article.

or "here's another arbitrary vaporwave subgenre feature"

Archived