IGNORED

Monomachine Compilation Tracks

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday i was very happy with what i did so far... Today everything sounds like shit! Wtf

Btw do we have lenght restrictions?

Guest Chesney

Yo, I had a play today with the Mnm and had loads of fun, however I was getting really usable stuff only when processing it. I haven't got enough time to spend making the perfect track in the machine so is processing allowed? I mean, all I as doing is running it through the heat and eventide space but it did turn half baked loops into really usable ideas. What say the powers at be?

i guess external processing is ok, at least with me. im sending separate tracks to samplitude this time (for the first time, actually) and it sounds fantastic. for the last compilation i did everything internal + a bit of the 2-bus postproduction. it was good but not like this... so im with you ches

Guest Chesney

cool.

Last time I did 2 jams, 1 beat the other melodies then spliced them in the DAW then a bit on 2 bus dynamics. I'll probably end up doing the same just running the jams through a little chain of fx so sound sources are still all MnM. Anything from the Heat will be purely subtractive anyway.

Tracks are slowly coming in! Some cool sounds and sequences are in there! Just a reminder that deadline is June 15th, so keep 'em coming!

Yo, I had a play today with the Mnm and had loads of fun, however I was getting really usable stuff only when processing it. I haven't got enough time to spend making the perfect track in the machine so is processing allowed? I mean, all I as doing is running it through the heat and eventide space but it did turn half baked loops into really usable ideas. What say the powers at be?

i can relate. most times when i first start a track in the mm i get the feeling that the machines are too limited & there is no way i'm going to be able to get a good sound out of them. but every time i stick with it and every time i am proven wrong. i am always surprised at the depth of this machine, given the simplicity of the interface. there are not a lot of parameters available but they are carefully chosen & interact in powerful ways.

the key is to put the time in and explore. if you get stuck, put it away & come back to it hours or a day later.

some tips i've found useful:

• sometimes it helps a lot to turn off the HPF tracking.

• the EQ is VERY powerful. great for changing the character of a sound.

• i use ALL of the LFO's on EVERY track. they can give extreme or subtle movement to a sound.

• route your tracks to a REVERB track. use the envelopes, fliters, and eq on the reverb track for richness & complexity.

• mess with the trigs, which can trig combinations of the track, filter, and LFOs. don't forget the slide trigs.

• mess with the trigs, which can trig combinations of the track, filter, and LFOs. don't forget the slide trigs.

Still havent siriusly implemented the trigs, nor sliding.

*keeps forgetting about those goodies...* :faceplam

Archived