IGNORED

Radiohead - OKNOTOK

jules

The last six months or so, I've been quietly immersing myself in their entire B-side back catalogue (which throws a different light on them) and all their stand alone singles (like Spectre, My Twisted Words, Harry Patch, Staircase etc) and live bits n bobs from over the years. The effect has been like drinking a delicious-superfantastic-rejuvenating Radiohead elixir  :sorcerer:

Literally this quest has made them easily one of my favourite bands of all time, and also put a bit of sparkle back into my love of music that is not made by strange, elusive dudes in a IDM batcave, but a band of musicians.

Man the B-sides destroy!!! ​most of the competition (if there is any)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last six months or so, I've been quietly immersing myself in their entire B-side back catalogue (which throws a different light on them) and all their stand alone singles (like Spectre, My Twisted Words, Harry Patch, Staircase etc) and live bits n bobs from over the years. The effect has been like drinking a delicious-superfantastic-rejuvenating Radiohead elixir  :sorcerer:

Literally this quest has made them easily one of my favourite bands of all time, and also put a bit of sparkle back into my love of music that is not made by strange, elusive dudes in a IDM batcave, but a band of musicians.

Yea, the b-sides and singles from Kid A and on are especially brilliant.

Worrywort is dope af

I reckon they will play the whole of OK Computer from beginning to end (like a huge encore) at Glastonbury this Friday night

i don't think they will do that but Id bet on Lift or Big Boots. Or both.

OK Computer was a huge part of my teenage years, so I'm really stoked for this. It's great to hear proper versions of big boots and lift. They really could've fucked them up from their early versions (like they did with nude and true love waits, imho), but they didn't, they sound great, in my opinion.

Haven't had a chance to listen to the remasters yet, but I'm looking forward to that, as well as the artwork and other stuff in the big bundle.

I kind of stopped paying attention around in rainbows, and it seems I need to get up to speed on the b-sides.

Anyone for favorite radiohead b-side?? I kind of prefer the old stuff like coke babies, banana co, how can you be sure...

Polyethylene is hard to beat as far as their b-sides go. I'm very fond of The Butcher as well, and The Daily Mail / Staircase*. As for this release, even though I've heard everything before I can't but treat the supplementary tracks as a kind of long-lost album. Flows pretty well for me. My only gripe is that for £100 I'd expect the CD to be chucked in with the boxset. Not to worry though, ordered both anyway.

*Delete according to what you want to call the A-side.

Archived