IGNORED

Boris - Dear

New Boris album due out this year on Sargent House. Based on the single, definitely on the heavy side of things.

Not sure of the lead single's relation to the original "Absolutego," but this new one is delicious; real thick guitar and bass riffs, and although predominantly uses Takeshi's vocals, Atsuo actually kicks in with vocals in the latter parts of the song, which is the first time in over a decade we've heard his, if I recall correctly.

Article below has tracklist and the video for "Absolutego."

http://exclaim.ca/music/article/boris_detail_dear_lp_share_video_for_absolutego

that fuckin riff! i can't believe how good that track is, this album is going to be incredible. i'm seeing them at ArcTanGent in August and i was already excited as shit, but now i'm even more excited for their set

Was that the tour revisiting Pink? So sad I missed that. They were amazing when I saw them with Michio Kurihara.

Yeah, truly great gig : i kinda miss Michio Kurihara (on the 2008-2011 gigs : those 3 crazy guitars...) but yeah Boris were fantastic and i was delighted to hear My Machine live (before going berserk on Just abonned myself..). 

Yeah they're unbelievably good live. On the Pink tour last year though,I bought tickets so far in advance, was so excited for it...Then last minute they had to cancel the show! Apparently due to illness. They said it was the first time in their career they had to cancel a show. Luckily my ticket refund bought me a few beers to cope with the loss, but still was mega bummed. Pink is my favorite album of theirs

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

the whole album is a masterpiece. it's so heavy and dense and beautiful. i think a lot of fans will skim over this one which is a shame. when i saw them at ATG a load of people left after a couple of tracks lel. i assume they were expecting more up-tempo Boris (they played the whole of Dear more or less).

between Absolutego and The Power Boris have created the two heaviest tracks in existence. absolute(go)ly crushing.

Archived