IGNORED

RIP Robert Miles

Rubin Farr

RIP. 47 is no age to go.

A far more adventurous musician than a lot of people gave him credit. His favourite band was FSOL and you can really hear it in his second album, although I think it probably landed closer to Enigma in the grand scheme of things. His third album, Organik, is his best, a strange blend of world music, jazz and heavy breaks. Never listened to his last record in full, although the stuff I did hear was quite odd.

It'll all be overshadowed by 'Children', which is kind of a shame, although it really is a tremendous little track. 

The original 'Paths' is probably my favourite by him.

no!!!! =(

23AM was one of the first electronic albums I bought, had no idea who he was and grabbed it from a pawn shop when I was like 10? 

So young too, sad.

I loved his duet with Aphex Twin

I had to, sorry. Snark aside it is a shame he passed away at 47. I'm glad to see him appreciated here, tracks like "Children" aren't just one-hit wonders with mass recognition (not to mention a pretty groundbreaking track in terms of kicking off new 'dream house and dream trance" dance styles and hits), they often serve as gateways to other electronic music including more left-field, underground, and experimental genres and artists. Even if it's not the case this is one of those songs that millions of people have fond nostalgia for and people in the future will perpetually like because it's so universal in it's appeal. That's a nice thing to think about.

I'll have to check out his other stuff, I didn't realize he had such a varied and vast discography.

This one is quite extraordinary!

Wow, that's astonishingly beautiful. I really need to get a copy of Thirteen, every new track I hear from it tops the previous one. 

I had to, sorry. Snark aside it is a shame he passed away at 47. I'm glad to see him appreciated here, tracks like "Children" aren't just one-hit wonders with mass recognition (not to mention a pretty groundbreaking track in terms of kicking off new 'dream house and dream trance" dance styles and hits), they often serve as gateways to other electronic music including more left-field, underground, and experimental genres and artists. Even if it's not the case this is one of those songs that millions of people have fond nostalgia for and people in the future will perpetually like because it's so universal in it's appeal. That's a nice thing to think about.

I'll have to check out his other stuff, I didn't realize he had such a varied and vast discography.

lovely words. His music was some of the first electronic music I heard, and was a good gateway to getting into other melodic electronic music.

I really need to find that Thirteen album, the youtube tracks sound great!

edit: wattm robert miles tribute gogogo

• 2 weeks later...

This one is quite extraordinary!

https://youtu.be/p7Kz5ek5NR8

Wow, that's astonishingly beautiful. I really need to get a copy of Thirteen, every new track I hear from it tops the previous one.

I got thirteen on cd when it first came out. I was listening to this and the miles/gurtu album the day before he passed away. His 23am album has fantastic production and still sounds good today. I was such a big fan of his.

RIP

Archived