IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - Good Time OST

i was just in bushwick and was walking to the L train at 1 am after going to bossa nova civic club, and i got approached by a guy walking in the middle of the street, asking to use my phone, just as desperate as R pat was. i dialed the number and put it on speaker and luckily made it away safely.

the sound track does a good job of capturing the fucking madness social entropy of nyc at night, but man, it's a pretty loud, obnoxious, and not very good sound track imo. plus the rolled the credits when iggy finally went on. there were funny moments where he was trying to do some kind of mark isham meets mark snow meets miami vice thing, and like, percussive reverby suspense bits. really funny stuff.

i honestly think r pat is a great actor. he's been in some good stuff. he was great in the Rover too.

Oh shit I live like 5 blocks from there, small world! Yeah under the JMZ tracks is totally the vibe I was thinking of.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was kinda disappointed with the first few listens I gave to the OST over Spotify, bought the LP nonetheless and I'm really glad I did ! It's really no "ambient" OST to be heard during commutes imo (that's what I did and I'm pretty sure that's how I first missed what was going on). It finally clicked and it's killer :)

"Connie" truly is a masterpiece !!!

• 1 month later...

Best get on the Batphone to Bleep HQ

This lp has been a bit of a sleeping giant for me, from the first encounter I wasn't so sure (probably hype machine syndrome) but just keeps growing on me. I've also enjoyed the relative quietness this album has received on watmm. Very cool album (terrible cover though) and one of my favourites of the year.

Cheers Lord Daniel of Lopatin *bows* 

Finally saw the movie today. It was pretty good. The music did work considerably better in the context of the film. I'm still not convinced its classic OPN though.

• 1 year later...

Many months later, I finally saw the movie as well and yeah the music now makes much more sense. I've been listening to the OST a lot more and it's still growing on me.

Recognizing the voice samples used in the OST tracks during the movie was quite fun, too !

I'm guilty of writing some right old (hop infused) horseshit on watmm, one day I vow to grow out of it...

The Pure and the Damned is a classic tune. The rest is okay. OPN and Iggy should do more together, the chemistry on this tune is something pretty special.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived