IGNORED

Pure ZaQ

TRiP

Greetings again,

Another song off upcoming EP, much more chilled and down-tempo than the last couple

was a live take done with the Zaquencer while testing it out, cut down the length

Greetings again,

Another song off upcoming EP, much more chilled and down-tempo than the last couple

was a live take done with the Zaquencer while testing it out, cut down the length

Love the squelchy acid sounds!

Did you by any chance record this in Live so that you'd be able to go back and edit each track? If yes, then I definitely think you should have a look at the acid sequence because it's super cool but the sequence seems a bit too short and gets a bit repetitive. If I was you I would probably record like a 10 minute session where I simply fool around with the filters, envelopes etc. and then start editing it and adding it to the track. The sequence is cool it just needs some variation to help keep the track alive and kicking :)

Loving the keys. I think, and this is just personal preference, that the percussion could have been slightly degraded to match the lo-fi other sounds. Other than that, very much enjoying this. Once the squelchy bass pops in it actually fits together a lot better. Also sounds like this was a lot of fun to jam out on. It's growing on me as I'm listening. 

I agree with Squee, that bass is awesome but I want to hear it move. Dicking around with filters and envelopes is the easiest way, especially with such a simple groovy sequence. Also around 2:20 to 2:30 there's a really shrill white-noisey bit that I found a bit abrasive, took me out of the groove a bit. Nice chune though.

chairs for the thoughts, gentlemen

afraid it was a once off live take straight into a H4N, so no luxury to go back and change parts etc. agree it would be much stronger had I multi-tracked it, but alas

here's the video if peeps be interested:

^what squee says, dunno what gear you're using, but if possible, adding randomness/probability factor to note-events, velocity changes, pitch slides etc can help spicing things ups if you don't feel like progressing melodies and what not.  

i like it, cool sounds and very ZaQy indeed. agree with everyone suggestion some variation with the chords. even a volume change might help.. bring them down in the middle and bring em back at the end, maybe.

Archived