IGNORED

Carl Craig - Versus (orchestrated versions of his tracks)

MDF

Classic gems of Carl Craig's discography re-engineered in groundbreaking classical versions. Versus - the much awaited new long player from the Detroit techno producer. 

Versus is a work in progress, a perfect encapsulation of InFiné's philosophy, which serves a double duty as a platform to foster hybridization between genres, and also as the label’s ten-year anniversary gift to itself. From an initial recording in 2010, the project evolved into a full studio album containing two original compositions by Francesco Tristano and symphonic versions of Craig classics, reworked in the studio by the man himself.

credits

released May 5, 2017 

https://infine-rec.bandcamp.com/album/versus

Sometimes orchestrated mixes can be a bit gimmicky, but half way through listening to this and think will be buying favourite track so far is Darkness.

• 1 month later...

Bought this album yesterday and it's so beautiful. One of the best Techno albums to come out this year I've heard so far. Can't say I've listened to a whole ton of C2s work (Only have MSAFARA) but yeah this was breathtaking. Easily the best Orchestral Techno project I've heard to date. Not a bad track on it. Listened while going for a walk along the Lake Michigan Ocean yesterday and wow was it inspiring.

Archived