IGNORED

Vraxån

flacid

Vocal / choral piece influenced by Julianna Barwick, Ian William Craig and a few others

A bit more reticent to add this online because it's more real than synths/drum machines and it's a 1st attempt but there you go... :)

Did you try and embed a private track? :)

lol, nah just wanted to add a different version, then hated the alternative version... 

tracks back up now :) 

Is that you singing? It's pretty good. If you added some nice and soft mellow pads and maybe a deep sub bassline that plays along with vocals then you've got yourself a real banger there :)

Is that you singing? It's pretty good. If you added some nice and soft mellow pads and maybe a deep sub bassline that plays along with vocals then you've got yourself a real banger there :)

:emb: I'm working on some new stuff today that feature synths and field recordings. Find it difficult not getting the whole thing too muddy though, probably layer too much. Any recommended production reads? ;) 

Going to add some piano/violins etc further down the line but happy with this for a start.

:emb: I'm working on some new stuff today that feature synths and field recordings. Find it difficult not getting the whole thing too muddy though, probably layer too much. Any recommended production reads? ;)

Going to add some piano/violins etc further down the line but happy with this for a start.

Haha, nice! I was going to suggest strings and piano but I always do that so that's why I didn't this time ;)

Very nice. Made me zone out for a period of time while browsing the web. Forgot I was listening to someones soundcloud. Good stuff

Cheers dude. Yeah, it's one of those you can forget your listening to anything :) 

Been working on two tracks today but here is the 1st one... 

I really like these types of soundscapes, and your non-vox sound great too. Love the little twinkles and the sleepy bass. It almost feels like the voice is dragging it along to keep up with the song. 

Weirdly when that middle section started the first thing I thought of was the Swiss Army Man soundtrack, probably because effected a capella, but I mean that in the biggest complimentary way - I love that OST. 

I really like these types of soundscapes, and your non-vox sound great too. Love the little twinkles and the sleepy bass. It almost feels like the voice is dragging it along to keep up with the song. 

Weirdly when that middle section started the first thing I thought of was the Swiss Army Man soundtrack, probably because effected a capella, but I mean that in the biggest complimentary way - I love that OST. 

Thanks dude  :beer:

I looked up the OST and had forgotten that I'd seen the film and that the soundtrack was really good so cheers! 

cool stuff zeboul sounds like boc by the way of eno or something. i like the first one quite a bit as well.  yparchos might be too similar to varcan for me but nonetheless i like the ambient styles. 

really cool stuff man - very time displacing (which is always a good thing), brings you away for those few moments

Liking the Gregorian Chants vibe especially on Varcan, 

looking forward to hearing the full EP

zoner, quite lush for waking up nice & relax.

Was going to take this off of the album as it's a bit cheesy but I think I'm going to keep it. Cheers for listening. 

Decent stuff man!

:beer:

cool stuff zeboul sounds like boc by the way of eno or something. i like the first one quite a bit as well.  yparchos might be too similar to varcan for me but nonetheless i like the ambient styles. 

Cheers, Zeboul is one of my favourites for sure. Sometimes you make something really simple and quick and it sounds wicked :) I'm very conscious of making similar tracks and do try to make them different. yparchos was kind of varcan v2, after I'd learnt a few different things. 

really cool stuff man - very time displacing (which is always a good thing), brings you away for those few moments

Liking the Gregorian Chants vibe especially on Varcan, 

looking forward to hearing the full EP

Thanks dude. Yeah, I kind of know what you mean. Tracks that don't have any specific genre are hard to pin down when it comes to deciding what era it was made. Those things are usually seen as good so I'll keep going in this direction for this project! Was going to take Varcan off but have decided now to keep it on. Should be out on cd/tape at some point later in the year. 

----------------------

As always, cheers for listening dudes.  :beer:

Archived