IGNORED

BURIAL - Subtemple / Beachfires

beNito

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer this ambient approach more than his more recent eps tbh.

His beats aren't as interesting as the textures he makes imo, so this kind of release is fine by me (although I can understand why lack of beats is major downer for others)

edit: but I still like the beats, I should add. Kindred is good and has plenty of em.

I love the stuff he has done the last few years - much more than his earlier work. He really appealed to me a lot more when he dropped the beats and all that jungle shit. I much prefer these fragmented, semi-ambient pieces. They are haunting and evocative.

I understand how other people would not be happy though - especially if you liked the stuff on those first two albums.

boring.

everything he's done since Truant/Rough Sleeper has seemed like fake Burial. that one was magic though.

boring.

everything he's done since Truant/Rough Sleeper has seemed like fake Burial. that one was magic though.

yeah, Truant is incredible. must have played that hundreds of times. This latest stuff is okays but he peaked with Truant, imo.

Yeah it's pretty shit. Peaked @ Truant/Roughsleeper. Everything since has been lacklustre

Nah he peaked Kindred EP

Yeah it's pretty shit. Peaked @ Truant/Roughsleeper. Everything since has been lacklustre

Nah he peaked Kindred EP

Maybe.. but his come down music is wicked 2! ;)

Vinyl came today. Sounding lovely. Beachfires still really beautiful. Subtemple is pretty great too, but I honestly don't get why it's the a-side of a single. This and Young Death / Nightmarket really feel like they should be part of an album rather than singles in their own right.

I'm rather liking this one, seems a much better example of his new ambient direction than the last 12". It's got me a bit more intrigued at the idea of an ambient burial album at least.

Archived