IGNORED

BURIAL - Subtemple / Beachfires

beNito

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burial's SAW II innit. 

I thought it was wicked. A lot more interesting than some of his previous ep's. Bet he's sitting on a fuck tonne of tracks. 

Woah, sold out on Bandcamp already.

Just on my second listen, feel like I'm only getting half of what's going on with speakers, need to listen at home nice and loud on headphones.

Darker and more industrial sounding than I was expecting from Burial ambient but really like it.

Love the fact he can keep his signature vibes but throw out such curve balls like he has over this recent ep run

Still hoping that this is all leading up to a long form release. Come on Burial open up them archives and jizz an elseq sized splurge in my ears!!

lol is this bleep writeup legit

"Subtemple / Beachfires is sure to be William Bevan's most widely praised recording since

we all fell under the angelic garage spell of Untrue, a decade ago.

Say what you like, but honestly, we don't really need to spell out just how good this one is."

lol is this bleep writeup legit

"Subtemple / Beachfires is sure to be William Bevan's most widely praised recording since

we all fell under the angelic garage spell of Untrue, a decade ago.

Say what you like, but honestly, we don't really need to spell out just how good this one is."

Bleep are worse than Boomkat at this "every new release by xyz is their most essential to date" thing these days. So yeah... that's a pretty typical Bleep writeup.

Also, it's not going to be is it, let's face it?

still think this is the beginning of something. he's going to left field curveball us within the next *few years with a beat-driven lp. this is all just a warm up but in the meantime its very pretty if slighly forgettable. 

Archived