IGNORED

Something AFX happening on NTS

Herr Jan

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NTS clip is definitely from the same track as 2:25 in that last live video (I'm guessing this is what's referred to as the Houston trax?).

Drum machines do sound relatively modern, bass drum/snares surely could be from the Rytm, shakers sound more like Tempest or just samples (Rytm can play samples so that could be anything). The manipulation of the drums in the first few minutes of the linked live video doesn't strike me as likely to be the Rytm itself, but it's possible. 

the beat of this track reminds me of this: 

Congrats Rich on catching up to Autechre circa '98!  :trollface:

I will give someone my house for a Field Day record.

i will give someone my wife for a good rip of the field day record
I will give someone my kidneys for a good rip of the field day record

Guest transmisiones ferox

I will give someone my house for a Field Day record.

i will give someone my wife for a good rip of the field day record

your wife cooking/cleaning?

giphy.gif

I remember when Syro was released, someone used this clip and superimposed Richard's face and the Aphex logo on the computer screen he's looking at - does anyone have the link so I can lol again?

NTS clip is definitely from the same track as 2:25 in that last live video (I'm guessing this is what's referred to as the Houston trax?).

Drum machines do sound relatively modern, bass drum/snares surely could be from the Rytm, shakers sound more like Tempest or just samples (Rytm can play samples so that could be anything). The manipulation of the drums in the first few minutes of the linked live video doesn't strike me as likely to be the Rytm itself, but it's possible. 

i don't think it's from the same track, just same synths and drum machines and style. he might have a whole bunch of those tracks.

*cough* new album? *cough*

giphy.gif

I remember when Syro was released, someone used this clip and superimposed Richard's face and the Aphex logo on the computer screen he's looking at - does anyone have the link so I can lol again?
I uploaded that clip! originally from the space dimension controller fb page, ere u go:

i don't think it's from the same track, just same synths and drum machines and style. he might have a whole bunch of those tracks.

Dude, I beg...

I said it reminds me of it, nothing about sampling the track or even using the same gear/software...

Dude, I beg...

I said it reminds me of it, nothing about sampling the track or even using the same gear/software...

lol yeah...

AE and/or RDJ talked about how they had a little rivalry doing that sort of thing with Bucephalus Bouncing Ball and then Fold 4, Wrap5, and that new clip certainly sounds like its employing some of those same techniques. 

The Aphex clip does sound promising though. I'm very excited with whatever this ends up being.

edit: fucking double post, I CANNOT get my head around embedding yt vids, fucks SAKE!!

amazing thank you

loving this vid.....

Archived