IGNORED

Something AFX happening on NTS

Herr Jan

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic show.

That was epic.  Can't wait to get the track IDs.  Shit....

Excellent Tracklist here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/aphextwin/comments/6f1wqi/aphex_twin_june_3rd_2017_field_day_discussion/

Also the stream is now an unlisted youtube vid here:

Since my recording failed, I'm d/ling that shit straight away

I really liked his track selection and overall intensity/pace of the set (although some respite would have been nice every now and then) but the audio stutters throughout the whole damn thing really did my head in. What the fuck? This is not the first time his sets have technical issues... Same kind of shit at Sonar some years back. I don't get it... Guy has enough money to buy all kinds of exotic modular synths but not for a gig-proof machine to run Traktor on?
Anyway, all in all a wicked time, but for me it was spoiled quite a bit by all the glitches.

Edit: maybe I'm speaking too quickly and it was the stream that was fucked... Even the crowd noise seemed to be affected by the glitches. In that case I take all that back and blame the sound engineers/technicians instead...

I really liked his track selection and overall intensity/pace of the set (although some respite would have been nice every now and then) but the audio stutters throughout the whole damn thing really did my head in. What the fuck? This is not the first time his sets have technical issues... Same kind of shit at Sonar some years back. I don't get it... Guy has enough money to buy all kinds of exotic modular synths but not for a gig-proof machine to run Traktor on?

Anyway, all in all a wicked time, but for me it was spoiled quite a bit by all the glitches.

Were you there?

The stutters over the live feed wouldn't have anything to do with his setup.

yeah no, I wasn't, and I just edited my message to reflect that it might not have been his fault. I jumped to that conclusion because I have seen him play before where the "source" was definitely glitching.

the stutters were the live feed. which I agree.. I absolutely couldn't stand.. and mono sound.. uhhgg. Fairly tough to get through for me.

yeah no, I wasn't, and I just edited my message to reflect that it might not have been his fault. I jumped to that conclusion because I have seen him play before where the "source" was definitely glitching.

Oh, I understand. I thought perhaps the stutters were happening live to, which I would be surprised to hear!

Was going to shit post on here but the show had me in an absolute trance. That fucking ending was just.... I don't know what to say. Some ear breaks and pretty melodies would have been nice in the middle but that ending was totally worth the ear fatigue. Prolly can't take listening to anything for 24 hours

edit: also tits

the Houston show was downright beautiful compared to this devastation.. which I appreciated and it was... "cyber punk" as fuck, but god damn, hard to beat the epic loveliness of the Houston show. 

Was going to shit post on here but the show had me in an absolute trance. That fucking ending was just.... I don't know what to say. Some ear breaks and pretty melodies would have been nice in the middle but that ending was totally worth the ear fatigue. Prolly can't take listening to anything for 24 hours

yeah defo need ear break

Well that was something. Such lazers, such wow, such amazon. This dude was the biggest raver.

51593-26995-0.jpg

Funny, when the unreleased (Primavera) track came it popped into my mind that if Mars was to hit the Syro-land, or even the tuss region as it's rumoured, it would sound exactly like that. Maybe the cow bells and child-like playfulness in the middle had something to do with it. Almost could swear I heard some clings and clangs from MfM 9 there. Shit, I've literally listened to tunes all day so I don't know anymore what I'm hearing +it's past my bedtime. Someone rip the vinyl so I've something to listen to when I wake up.

Archived