IGNORED

Something AFX happening on NTS

Herr Jan

Anyone see this link? http://aphextwin.warp.net/

Countdown for something.. new album?

If you countdown from Japanese time it's exactly at midnight of July 7th so I'm pretty sure new stuff is IMMINENT!!!!

If it's another album I'll be super impressed. 2 albums in the space of a month.

Remember that one time he released dozens of albums within a few weeks?

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A front row packed with cunts and not a jules, bcm or beerwolf in sight

what the actual fuck is your problem?

apologies i wasn't there being a cunt. twas my birthday and i was at a tapas bar with my family. thug life.

i forgave you at "tapas bar". all the other nonsense..nah! tapas, yes! tapas is good cause.

slightly offroad: hope everyone's safe in london area

Remember that one time he released dozens of albums within a few weeks?

You have a very VERY loose definition of 'dozens of albums' :P

If that's the case I should go ahead and release my 20 albums. I could upload all of them tonight...

Obviously I meant vinyl/cd/physical releases, and I was being hyperbolic and having a bit of fun.

Anyone see this link? http://aphextwin.warp.net/

another repress of Selected Ambient Works 85-92 imminent

dude, that's not on warp but R&S.  :nope:

This.

Still waiting for the enhanced SAW repress Richard mentionned in the Soundcloud days with the bonus tracks etc tho !!! I remember him saying that would be released for the 25th anniversary of the album ?

This.

Still waiting for the enhanced SAW repress Richard mentionned in the Soundcloud days with the bonus tracks etc tho !!! I remember him saying that would be released for the 25th anniversary of the album ?

He also mentioned a few other re-dos and represses and he probably has 15 potential releases rummaging through his head at the moment. 

Remember in 2014 when he said he'd only release a few albums, and not as much as he used to, when he's already released TONS of tracks and obviously has more albums and probably more of these vinyls planned, and we know he probably isn't even at the half way point of the current planned releases.

Anyone see this link? http://aphextwin.warp.net/

another repress of Selected Ambient Works 85-92 imminent

dude, that's not on warp but R&S.  :nope:

Yes I'm aware of this. I have two copies of SAW, I wrote about it because it would be more surreal to get repress from warp.

chillll  :wink:

London LP sounds lushh

*shrugs*

I don't either really. Though it sure is a lot of tracks to not put out digitally in some form. They don't feel like throw away tracks or anything.

I think there's a clear pattern showing here tho, that we will get more vinyl releases at shows with different tracks.

The Field Day record really does feel like throw away tracks though. At best they're B-Side quality/style for Aphex Twin releases. The mixing on them is often terrible, and it seems obvious to me that they're jams/outtakes/demo idea style stuff. All of his Aphex Twin albums, for at least a couple decades, have featured a general sort of sheen and polish and complexity to them. This isn't even haphazardly mastered. It's just some tracks from around the Syro sessions that they threw onto a record, and I'm personally glad they did because there's some interesting stuff on here. Plus of course it'll be a special thing for those who were lucky enough to get a copy. But actual tracks are SoundCloud-dump style, not true /album/ style. Nothing wrong with that at all, of course.

*shrugs*

I don't either really. Though it sure is a lot of tracks to not put out digitally in some form. They don't feel like throw away tracks or anything.

I think there's a clear pattern showing here tho, that we will get more vinyl releases at shows with different tracks.

The Field Day record really does feel like throw away tracks though. At best they're B-Side quality/style for Aphex Twin releases. The mixing on them is often terrible, and it seems obvious to me that they're jams/outtakes/demo idea style stuff. All of his Aphex Twin albums, for at least a couple decades, have featured a general sort of sheen and polish and complexity to them. This isn't even haphazardly mastered. It's just some tracks from around the Syro sessions that they threw onto a record, and I'm personally glad they did because there's some interesting stuff on here. Plus of course it'll be a special thing for those who were lucky enough to get a copy. But actual tracks are SoundCloud-dump style, not true /album/ style. Nothing wrong with that at all, of course.

I haven't heard the tracks yet, waiting until i get home to my record player, but i have the same feeling.

I couldn't imagine Richard (or Warp) releasing an official full album in this way. Just for the simple fact that you make it so exclusive to a small group of people.

If he continues the spreading of these vinyls on different gigs i hope there will be a platform to buy them digitally some way.

what?

also, b-side quality? are we talking about pop music? whaaaaa

Yeah. Quality difference between "Windowlicker" (album style quality) and "Windowlicker (Original Demo)" (literally a B-Side) or even worse quality with some of the stuff here. Which, again, is fine.

*shrugs*

Yep and look at the color of the sleeve : chartreuse

b sides are wot a tune is that you put on the uva side of the a side

some records have a better b side than the a side and some dont even bother to call each other a or b

what?

also, b-side quality? are we talking about pop music? whaaaaa

Yeah. Quality difference between "Windowlicker" (album style quality) and "Windowlicker (Original Demo)" (literally a B-Side) or even worse quality with some of the stuff here. Which, again, is fine.

O woe. You found an example. Now all b-side tracks must be second rate tracks with bad mixing. Do i really need to bother finding counter examples? Cmon.

Youre entitled to your opinion. If you dont like the tracks, more power to you. But please, no bullshit arguments about b sides and bad mixing.

Jeez you're parsing wordspretty harshly. He means the tracks aren't the quality you'd expect on a proper release and of course he's right. That's why they were released the way they were.

lol

I like the Field Day record. The recordings of the tracks are inarguably low quality as far as recording/mixing/polish. This is not a bad thing nor a condemnation of them or similar tracks. I'm only using these facts to reinforce that this isn't a /proper/ album, which is obvious because it was a super limited release, no mastering, no artwork, no track titles, nothing. It's a one off full of interesting and sometimes great tracks that are outtakes from the Syro-era sessions. I'm quite sure Richard will confirm this in an interview at some point.

If to anyone this feels like a 'new album' to them then great! If you love these tracks and maybe even love them more than _x_ then great! I'm just pointing out that it's not really a true "new album" and that's it. Cheer up buttercup.

Wtf did I do to you BCM?

Archived