IGNORED

Something AFX happening on NTS

Herr Jan

I'm sure that someone has said this before, but surely someone involved in this recording has a non-studdering version of this set? It's kinda annoying, upon revisits that it glitches and loses the fucking tempo every two minutes. It was tolerable initially given that they were live-streaming the original thing to thousands or tens of thousands of computers across the world at that moment, but for posterity's sake, a non-studdery version is morally obligatory. Think of the children! 

well you are in luck and then some dude. Here is what Richard had to say earlier today:

hi just checkin quickly to to say thanks to all the lush people I met in the last few days, its been a fucking trip and quite mental.. just about got my hearing back 80%.. after field day just in time for Dublin..were going to put the field day video back up with multiple audio sources, mics, desk mix, my booth etc, with sliders so you can make your own mix hopefully even put user sliders for delay as well to time correct it to your liking, fingers crossed gunna try and do it before i go to porto, not sleeping to get it all done, got to do some repairs to the modular as well, thanks all, see you ont’ tuther side .

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure that someone has said this before, but surely someone involved in this recording has a non-studdering version of this set? It's kinda annoying, upon revisits that it glitches and loses the fucking tempo every two minutes. It was tolerable initially given that they were live-streaming the original thing to thousands or tens of thousands of computers across the world at that moment, but for posterity's sake, a non-studdery version is morally obligatory. Think of the children! 

well you are in luck and then some dude. Here is what Richard had to say earlier today:

hi just checkin quickly to to say thanks to all the lush people I met in the last few days, its been a fucking trip and quite mental.. just about got my hearing back 80%.. after field day just in time for Dublin..were going to put the field day video back up with multiple audio sources, mics, desk mix, my booth etc, with sliders so you can make your own mix hopefully even put user sliders for delay as well to time correct it to your liking, fingers crossed gunna try and do it before i go to porto, not sleeping to get it all done, got to do some repairs to the modular as well, thanks all, see you ont’ tuther side .

Fuck yes! Above and beyond! Thanks for sharing the good news, dude! 

damn! played this on youtube on my soundsystem and didn't notice they intentionally cut the beginning of the stream till he drops that loop from the teaser track in his set

track after (from the lp) that is haaard, harder then the rip

damn! played this on youtube on my soundsystem and didn't notice they intentionally cut the beginning of the stream till he drops that loop from the teaser track in his set

I don't think that was intentional.

I'm still reeling over the people in the stream. It's like some detached, warped sitcom of ravers and otherwise awkward characters, all just havin it

same here, a bit sheepish vibe these days ..

it's hard to believe they could fuck it up and that it's a pure concidence it starts exactly at the teaser loop from the nts page.

asked afx aboot it on soundcloud, maybe he'll answer, maybe not :cisfor:

it's hard to believe they could fuck it up and that it's a pure concidence it starts exactly at the teaser loop from the nts page.

If you read the Weirdcore interview Joyrex posted you'll see how much can go wrong in a show like that. Don't think it was intentional either. I also remember seeing a settings screen appear on the screens in London for a second. This was right after when there were no images for at least 20 seconds. Looked like a reboot...

If you read the Weirdcore interview Joyrex posted you'll see how much can go wrong in a show like that. Don't think it was intentional either. I also remember seeing a settings screen appear on the screens in London for a second. This was right after when there were no images for at least 20 seconds. Looked like a reboot...

Yeah, I saw that too! Right side of the screen IIRC. It snapped to a full screen of whatever was going on at the time pretty quickly after that.

I'm still reeling over the people in the stream. It's like some detached, warped sitcom of ravers and otherwise awkward characters, all just havin it

I mean it's partially to be expected. Think about it: these people were on camera because were at the front row because they (probably) stood there all day to see The Grand Twin Of Aphex as close as humanly possible

Pot calling the kettle black here, but it's probably safe to say these people are those types of people, i.e. inherently awkward. I find it cosmically hilarious that they would become part of a globally broadcasted, two hour "music video" of sorts. The majority of them were hella uncomfortable which i think added to the other-worldly atmosphere of the stream. That raw, unpredictable nature of live performance was effectively multiplied

I imagine the stream would have been pretty different if the live camera feed was another hundred feet from the stage, or even near the middle of the barn (can only imagine the absolute hedonism taking place there  :diablo: )

I mean it's partially to be expected. Think about it: these people were on camera because were at the front row because they (probably) stood there all day to see The Grand Twin Of Aphex as close as humanly possible

Pot calling the kettle black here, but it's probably safe to say these people are those types of people, i.e. inherently awkward. I find it cosmically hilarious that they would become part of a globally broadcasted, two hour "music video" of sorts. The majority of them were hella uncomfortable which i think added to the other-worldly atmosphere of the stream. That raw, unpredictable nature of live performance was effectively multiplied

I imagine the stream would have been pretty different if the live camera feed was another hundred feet from the stage, or even near the middle of the barn (can only imagine the absolute hedonism taking place there  :diablo: )

It does sort of look they were trying for the 90s warehouse video vibe, the big camera light being the main source of illumination, the covered darkness, all the dust and smoke

but yeah looking over random bits of the stream vid people looked mostly indifferent (I think tits girl and dreads dude were animated highlights). I got to the front mostly to bore out my eyes and ears, not sure why I didn't put two and two together to figure we'd have a cam floating about.

The guy right in front of me looked practically depressed, either he was ketted out or didn't want to be there. Some chick barged her way right front near the end and went nuts tho

AFX's mythological status sorta draws a weird crowd really.

Just saw on Reddit that the NTS YouTube video has been fixed, and it sure has. Proper intro, proper audio, no pops.

Real nice, glad I can listen to that first part again. 

Richard did what he promised, thanks for that. 

Hopefully the setlist will be completed with the first part. 

Anybody have an idea on how many people there were in the Barn during the gig? 

What a huge difference this new cleaned up stereo stream makes! The set seemed a little underwhelming at moments when i watched the stream live but that was clearly just a side effect of the stuttering imbalanced sound. Fully regretting not being there again.

Also Death Grips.

Archived