IGNORED

Something AFX happening on NTS

Herr Jan

I really don't know why is everyone so obsessed with this 95' Melodies from Mars release, unless someone never heard the actual bootlegg. It's not that amazing tbh...and I'm happy that Rich teases us with the new pieces of tracks.

I remember reading that mfm has grown to four albums worth of music

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though this was reposted by Warp I seriously doubt that it's a new record, June 3rd is on a Saturday and July 3rd is on a Monday. I'm hoping for the best though

...and yes that track snippet sounds very similar to the day for night track

Very confused here.

How does this:

Sound remotely close to this:

Am I missing a track or what? Other than them both being apex twine, very few similarities. 

To me it sounds like the same drum samples, super crisp and clean shakers/kicks, its most prominent at the beginning of that Houston vid and in T08+4.

...and yes that track snippet sounds very similar to the day for night track

Very confused here.

How does this:

Sound remotely close to this:

Am I missing a track or what? Other than them both being apex twine, very few similarities. 

To me it sounds like the same drum samples, super crisp and clean shakers/kicks, its most prominent at the beginning of that Houston vid and in T08+4.

hmm, thx. I'll have to re-listen at home rather than on my sh1tty laptop speakers. 

July 3rd appears to be Julian Assange's birthday. It is clear. We will be provided with a huge international level of importance leak coming from non other than the man himself indubitably in cooperation with Mr. Assange. Could it be a sex tape? who knows. Details remain to be seen.

HOLY SHI

WxVke.gif

If warp is involved, I wonder what that's about. (thay are saying warp x aphex x NTS) - Maybe warp will distribute a recording after? Maybe there will be a debut of a new warp album live?

If warp is involved, I wonder what that's about. (thay are saying warp x aphex x NTS) - Maybe warp will distribute a recording after? Maybe there will be a debut of a new warp album live?

Yep, that's my guess

I really don't know why is everyone so obsessed with this 95' Melodies from Mars release, unless someone never heard the actual bootlegg. It's not that amazing tbh...and I'm happy that Rich teases us with the new pieces of tracks.

Unless you've heard the test pressing, I don't think it's fair to say anyone has really heard Melodies From Mars as Richard intended.

Unless you've heard the test pressing, I don't think it's fair to say anyone has really heard Melodies From Mars as Richard intended.

so you're really goin' all in on this one, eh?

Brand new tracks > MFM. That's my point. And yeah, remastered version of known mfm tracks or even extra bonuses are always welcome but I feel this promo livestream thingy is something more than just reviving the old material...

Actually, in Richard's case it's always like reviving the material from the past but it's new to our ears  :emotawesomepm9:

It's just gonna be the Field Day stream isn't it. That's not hugely interesting.

Then you better head on down to Dublin

See you there

:aphexsign:

With all this attention i expect something more then just a live stream, I am really hoping for a live stream of all new tracks/album with visuals to go with them... Maybe something like what Flying Lotus did with You're Dead, but then live. If this is the case I am going to lose it. I would almost expect 1hour aphex tracks and 1h set. 

Can't wait to be there!!!!!!!!!  

Archived