IGNORED

T-shirts

scumtron

This fucker:

https://www.redbubble.com/people/kiakiu/shop

All those designs were stolen from primusville Instagram... 

I mean, I also downloaded all of them but I just use them as wallpapers on phone or pc... 

Edited by _vow_of_silence_

35 minutes ago, _vow_of_silence_ said:

I've recommend it to you in the past but they don't use gildan anymore and the prints are shit now... Got me an evangelion crew neck shirt and ended up with 4... Too large, threads on the fabric, totally faded prints... Only good thing is that they don't make you return the product, they just give you your money back or a coupon or send it another shirt... 

My bad. I've tried etsy and ebay. The quality seems to be entirely based on the person making the product, totally random.

Never used red bubble before as I’ve been a bit unconvinced (just instinct) but tempted to take a punt on one of these for £16

9E3CF9AE-DFAE-4558-9393-FECC2A7E52D3.thumb.jpeg.db0f1e8544068e6c19ca97e2917704a0.jpeg

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 11:35 AM, thumbass said:

Yeah but in buying it you are not supporting anyone other than the "artist" that put that art on the shirt. 

yeah I would buy nothing that I can find from the original artists but look at aphex for example: everything is sold out 

the other prints I got are not sold by official sources 

On 4/24/2022 at 5:24 AM, _vow_of_silence_ said:

Yeah, just search for primus shirts and you'll find some guy who simply downloaded all primus posters from Instagram and uploaded them as his own designs...

Which make me think, I can upload something I like, like something scanned from whatever or a pic, and then buy it for myself... Cause u know, in a regular print shop they don't do these kind of prints if it's not in big bulks... 

so is this guy selling shirts and they steal these from him thereby diminishing his sales or are we talking about imaginary sales as he does not sell shirts? If not its basically the same if you download the image and have it printed at a local copy shop but without the hassle. I get your point tho 

Edited by o00o

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2022 at 4:43 AM, o00o said:

yeah I would buy nothing that I can find from the original artists but look at aphex for example: everything is sold out 

the other prints I got are not sold by official sources 

so is this guy selling shirts and they steal these from him thereby diminishing his sales or are we talking about imaginary sales as he does not sell shirts? If not its basically the same if you download the image and have it printed at a local copy shop but without the hassle. I get your point tho 

So, Primus have been uploading to their Instagram the posters that are being made by several different artists for their shows.

Then, some random dude, downloaded all of the posters and he just uploaded them to redbubble... He doesn't claim they're his own designs but redbubble just prints them out and sells them and this guy is making money out of that... 

It's not quite the same as downloading or scanning some star wars poster and sell it, I mean, the artists that do these star wars stuff probably got loads shits of money because yeah, it's star wars... But these independent small artists that do posters for primus shows only get what they sell on the shows... 

I think you get my drift... 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tee shirt collecting blew up so much in the past year that I went to a few thrift stores last month and out of I don't know, 400-600 shirts I looked through there were less than 50 that were more than a decade or so old, and less than 6  that were old enough to have real tags instead of a printed label. Not a single good one.

Glad I got a few drawers and most of a closet full of them for a couple bucks each before the zoomers caught on.

image.thumb.jpeg.6de9b561fcc926ba2d2452b46fe4e2e0.jpeg

Edited by TubularCorporation
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TubularCorporation said:

Tee shirt collecting blew up so much in the past year that I went to a few thrift stores last month and out of I don't know, 400-600 shirts I looked through there were less than 50 that were more than a decade or so old, and less than 6  that were old enough to have real tags instead of a printed label. Not a single good one.

Glad I got a few drawers and most of a closet full of them for a couple bucks each before the zoomers caught on.

image.thumb.jpeg.6de9b561fcc926ba2d2452b46fe4e2e0.jpeg

that ALF one rules 

• Like 1

That Alf one is one of the few I actually paid collector prices for ($30 I think, it was a long time ago).  The Spinal Tap one was kind of expensive, too, because I got it new when I saw them on tour as a kid in the 90s. But the Dead and the Liquid Blue dragon shirt were both under $5 and are minimum $250 these days, probably more in this kind of condition.   Not that the value matters exacltly (I do keep an eye on that out of habit because I've been buying and selling vintage stuff semiprofessionally - as in I mostly get paid by other people to do it because I'm more of a collector than a dealer and if I try to do it freelance I just keep everything - for most of my adult life) but it's an indicator of jsut how dire the tee shirt situation has gotten if all you want to do is have fun digging for some cheap, funny shit to wear. It sucks, I was getting excited to start looking for them again as covid gets, not better (it's worse than ever right now in the USA) but at least less deadly, but nope.  

A guy I knew in college had a shirt that said RALF on it and had a drawing of Alf vomiting, I can't even find a photo of one and I spent nearly 30 seconds looking.

I can't even find cheap reprints of Black Bart Simpson shirts on Aliexpress anymore.

22 hours ago, PigeonSt said:

I had no idea, this is fascinating! $250 and more for a t shirt? Wild. Is it mostly just rich people driving the market?

I think so. There's a richkid ex-chatmmer that was attempting to sell a load of grody old metal shirts via his IG story, and he was asking absolutely eye watering prices for the kinda shirts I have at the back of my wardrobe for wearing around the house/dusting furniture

2 hours ago, hello spiral said:

I think so. There's a richkid ex-chatmmer that was attempting to sell a load of grody old metal shirts via his IG story, and he was asking absolutely eye watering prices for the kinda shirts I have at the back of my wardrobe for wearing around the house/dusting furniture

At work we listed a 90s bootleg Grateful Dead shirt for $500 a couple weeks ago, which is on the high end of the fair market price for one of those now.  Which is crazy.  Most are getting more like $250-$300 but nobody had this design listed at all.

I'd say any good band shirt older than 20 years is $100 minimum.

I blame crypto.  Not because I have any reason to, but it feels right.

But on a personal level, at least I finally got the holy grail of tee shirts* for $6 on eBay last year before things got out of hand.

image.thumb.jpeg.e09ce6dd59fd07634499f72270c77b45.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.35456e9266be080f77c5acf1410903e4.jpeg

Not the holy grail of Geocities clothing, though - that would be the hoodie.  I've had alerts for "geocities" on every major auction and resale site since 2013 and I've seen three unworn baseball caps (I bought the first two for one dollar and I think four dollars respectively; the third was $20 and that was way too much plus I already had both colors, plus I don't wear baseball caps) and this shirt and those are literally the only official Geocities merch that has been listed that entire time.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

If only I was rich and could spend $181.00 on a tee shirt.

il_794xN.3496826429_8sey.jpg

EDIT: I actually just did a Hail Mary and messaged them an offer to swap one of my unworn, in-package 1984 Iron Maiden shirts for it but I don't even know how a trade like that would work, I wouldn't want to send out the Maiden shirt without having the Johnny Mnemonic shirt in my hands first an I assume they would feel the same.  They should.

EDIT 2: an old friend/bandmate/roommate/solid dude of mine is probably going to buy this for me in exchange for one of the deadstock, 1984 Ozzy shirts I scored at a yardsale for $12 back in 2010 and can't fit into. He's been after them since 2011 and actully deals shirts as one of his side hustles, so it's mostly down to whether someone is crazy enough to buy the Johnny Mnemonic before he has the cash to do it because he could make a solid profit reselling the Ozzy and I'd be getting the Johnny for the cost of shipping the Ozzy, since I already made back what I paid for the whole box of them by flipping an Iron Maiden shirt for $80 (which was a bargain even in 2010). Hopefully in a week or two it will all happen.

EDIT 3: not that anyone cares (or should) but the deal with my friend went through.  However, in the mean time I decided it wouldeb better to spend the money on a nice keyboard to help with my work related rotator cuff problems, and I scored a clean IBM Model M for $103 plus shipping (half the typical asking price for one in good condition these days), which is a much better use of money than a stupid shirt.  So instead of looking like a doofus I'll actually be making a small profit AND I'll have a keyboard worthy of hacking at least two Gibsons.

Edited by TubularCorporation
  • Like 2