IGNORED

microtonal ditty

flacid

I like this. Reminds me of wind chimes in more than the sound itself, but the way I couldn't predict the notes in the melody. The windy sound probably contributed, too.

I like this. Reminds me of wind chimes in more than the sound itself, but the way I couldn't predict the notes in the melody. The windy sound probably contributed, too.

Yeah, I like the slight 'offness' of the notes. Could listen to stuff like this forever tbh :) 

moody  :cool:

:cool:

Nicely done; the world needs more of this.   It's funny how microtonal isn't the norm in music, since we've heard it in nature ever since we started hearing anything.

Sounds cool.

:beer:

Nicely done; the world needs more of this.   It's funny how microtonal isn't the norm in music, since we've heard it in nature ever since we started hearing anything.

Cheers. Looking to delve a bit more into this sort of sound for a project or two. 

really dig this. i think it would be well-suited with some more production though: widening, EQing, compression. some very cool sounds that could be made very lush.

Yeah, it's just a simple piece, loads to add/improve on. 

Yeah man, leaving that 12-TET territory could be a start of a big and interesting journey and you have a good ear for this! 

This one reminded me of an AFX tracks 20 vtnm & 20 vtnm2 a bit, one of my favorites from sc batch.

btw i checked your ambient tunes and most of them are really decent!

Yeah man, leaving that 12-TET territory could be a start of a big and interesting journey and you have a good ear for this! 

This one reminded me of an AFX tracks 20 vtnm & 20 vtnm2 a bit, one of my favorites from sc batch.

btw i checked your ambient tunes and most of them are really decent!

I've always loved tones that are just off whether they're being sung or synths. They definitely catch the ear and can give a normal melody a different feeling or emotion. The vtnm tracks (2 in particular) are a couple of my favourites and have probably helped influence some of my work (tbf he probably influences all of it...) Cheers for checking out the tracks, always nice to get positive feedback from people who know what they're listening too. 

Planning to mix microtonal intervals in the future. One melody with quatertone and a counterpoint or bass line in Partch or something like that. A lot of tones to experiment with. 

This is right fucking spooky. Mad SAWII - "Radiator" vibes. I do agree it could use a bit of widening and compression, but with the right mix this could properly fuck me up mentally. That is a compliment.

Haha, SAW II is a massive influence for me texture/atmospherically and eventually led me to microtonal stuff. This is my 1st experiment in this area the only problem is I'm not really that knowledgeable when it comes to mastering/compression etc (I find it really boring...) although I have got better over time. 

Hm, there's something oddly satisfying about this. I don't really know how to describe what I'm feeling when I'm listening to it... but I agree that it's got a very nice Radiator-vibe to it.

I like it but I don't know why lol ;)

Hm, there's something oddly satisfying about this. I don't really know how to describe what I'm feeling when I'm listening to it... but I agree that it's got a very nice Radiator-vibe to it.

I like it but I don't know why lol ;)

Haha, yeah I can agree with that  :catsalute:

Archived