IGNORED

Site generates jargon rich Academic papers

ignatius

if anyone needs a randomly generated academic paper here's your link. 

http://www.elsewhere.org/journal/pomo/

just hit refresh and it creates a new jargon rich load of bullshit ready for peer review and publication. complete w/links to sources. 

my friend posted a thing on FB about some professors who wrote a paper to troll "academics". it's straight up full of made up jargon and bullshit phrases. none of it makes any sense.. it's absurd. so, i asked if there was an algorithm that would create papers like this and there is. see above. 

here is the link to the absurd total bullshit paper written by a couple made up professors. it got published in a peer reviewed academic journal. 

lulz.  it's pretty hilarious. 

THE CONCEPTUAL PENIS AS A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT: A SOKAL-STYLE HOAX ON GENDER STUDIES

http://www.skeptic.com/reading_room/conceptual-penis-social-contruct-sokal-style-hoax-on-gender-studies/

We conclude that penises are not best understood as the male sexual organ, or as a male reproductive organ, but instead as an enacted social construct that is both damaging and problematic for society and future generations. The conceptual penis presents significant problems for gender identity and reproductive identity within social and family dynamics, is exclusionary to disenfranchised communities based upon gender or reproductive identity, is an enduring source of abuse for women and other gender-marginalized groups and individuals, is the universal performative source of rape, and is the conceptual driver behind much of climate change.

i mean hasn't this thing been around a while now? i think it was just called the bullshit generator

i don't know.. it probably has.. i only stumbled on it when discussing that paper written by those two professors who essentially trolled academia w/their nonsense paper.. seemed the one was worth posting with the other.  the fact that it got published in a peer reviewed academic journal is just some insanity

Not sure if this will help or hinder science in the eyes of the uneducated...

i hope it just means people will actually fact check stuff instead of hopping on board some kind of trendy jargon catch phrase bullshit. 

Archived