IGNORED

Hush Money

exitonly

Hey all. Here is a 'new' one. It started from me redoing the mix on one of my older tracks but then I changed the drums and then ended up changing everything else so now its more of a reboot than a remix. 

https://soundcloud.com/exit_only/hush-money-2017

thanks for listening!

I like this loungey style. The flute sounds are lush, kept waiting for some jazzy brass to pop in lol. Super chill, reminds me of some of the old 1080p stuff. You could probably bring up the level of that plucked string sound in the last third, it felt a little buried with everything else going on. Nice work.

I had to listen to this one a couple times just to wrap my brain around it, and I'm glad I did.  It's a very engaging/interesting mix, and while my only nitpick at first was that the ending should be smoother, I can appreciate it the way it is.  Great track!

Thanks for the feedback. I moved the plucked string bits around in the mix a bit. They were sitting on a mix bus that was being ducked by the drums, which I think drowned them out a lot. I also adjusted the reverb on them since after 'mastering', i think the reverb was a bit too high. I also let the sounds ring out at the end instead of stopping abruptly. I was originally thinking that the track might go right into another one which is why it just stopped. This doesnt really translate on soundcloud though!

Anyway thanks!

Very impressive, can easily see this on like a Bonobo mix or something.

Are the beat and melodies sampled or did you write them yourself?

Skickat från min LG-D855 via Tapatalk

yup. Everything was programmed by me. The flute part was from a long sampled phrase that I cut up/re-pitched/time stretched etc. I doubt you'd recognize the original one if you heard it. I used different techniques for different bits like the bass is cut from a bunch of different records and then keymapped across multiple octaves with different articulations on each octave and then i jammed out the bits. The drums are a mix of finger drumming on pads and then some hand programming/tweaking. Sometimes I'll layer in stuff like maybe a hat phrase from a drum break etc. I took all that into Ms. Pinky and did the drum scratches over it then edited those in. 

Sounds really great !! Keep doing what you're doing.

I really dig the complex drum programming/FX. Chill bass to piece it all together.

Nice work!

yup. Everything was programmed by me. The flute part was from a long sampled phrase that I cut up/re-pitched/time stretched etc. I doubt you'd recognize the original one if you heard it. I used different techniques for different bits like the bass is cut from a bunch of different records and then keymapped across multiple octaves with different articulations on each octave and then i jammed out the bits. The drums are a mix of finger drumming on pads and then some hand programming/tweaking. Sometimes I'll layer in stuff like maybe a hat phrase from a drum break etc. I took all that into Ms. Pinky and did the drum scratches over it then edited those in. 

paid off, this is good good shit. Repeated listening 

Archived