7. Singularity 05:43

8. ELE 07:24

9. SRTOTO 04:00

10. TTBTC 04:44

11. SOS 08:16

https://edmsoundwave.bandcamp.com/album/edm-ii

1Hi6NDp.jpg

QJhH4cV.jpg

Oh shiiiit, what a day. Morning had the new Aphex track from Primavera, day saw the new EDM volumes and later in the evening will get to enjoy the shit out of the Field Day set. Always sweet to get a new EDM volume and now I got two. But yeah, also wondering what's the deal with H...

^yup ii is totally different to the previous volumes. Dunno what to make of it, not the biggest ambient fan here. I actually just bought them both before even listening to what they have to offer. i has seen a lot of plays today. Nicely continues where F/A left off.

^yup ii is totally different to the previous volumes. Dunno what to make of it, not the biggest ambient fan here. I actually just bought them both before even listening to what they have to offer. i has seen a lot of plays today. Nicely continues where F/A left off.

Not an ambient fan (in general) myself. Wonder if it might play nicely by alternating the tracks, 1 slammer followed by 1 ambient heh.

i sounds like absolutely killer production of break workouts, but so far most tracks don't make a very durable impression.

dwnstrrslppy and bassthebishop are great for break madness, slopac and c10 have a little something more going on than breaks and drone, but generally something cold and sterile about the album.

hell of a day to release this! maybe it needs more time.

i sounds like absolutely killer production of break workouts, but so far most tracks don't make a very durable impression.

dwnstrrslppy and bassthebishop are great for break madness, slopac and c10 have a little something more going on than breaks and drone, but generally something cold and sterile about the album.

hell of a day to release this! maybe it needs more time.

This is how I feel about it too. Going to give it another listen through the week and see if that changes.

EDM i does add a bit of color to the Heorge Garrison discussion

Sorry dude, don't mean to be a dick here but IMHO it doesn't add anything to the HG discussion. Same thing was brought up with F/A and somehow I can understand how one can hear some style wise similarities in recent EDM fuckery and HG tracks, but to me it's basically same as lumping Go Plastic together with Drukqs just because they both include steroid speed drum mayhem. It still doesn't mean that Tom and Rich are the same person. Only my two cents.  :catsuicide: 

H might be reserved for Heidi's music

Good thinking,....oh my gosh J could be for Jidomatix: White Lion finally getting released and who knows what else. As much as I love JK's ouput, to me the real magic is in the NER/Rephlex/EDM A analogue&digital era stuff. Can't get enough of that. But this F & i comes fucking close though so not complaining. Sweet as usual, although not really feeling the ambient one...

the CLTRE track, it's messing with me, slipped in an extra half-step or something at the end of one of the bar a few times.

EDIT: I keep hearing these incredibly talented artists do some amazing sample/break chopping work but it's always just random reverb washed drones fading in and out and random chopped acid bass lines. Wish one of them had some playfulness or melodic taste when it came to synthwork.

the CLTRE track, it's messing with me, slipped in an extra half-step or something at the end of one of the bar a few times.

EDIT: I keep hearing these incredibly talented artists do some amazing sample/break chopping work but it's always just random reverb washed drones fading in and out and random chopped acid bass lines. Wish one of them had some playfulness or melodic taste when it came to synthwork.

yeah this is why EOD is the best

H might be reserved for Heidi's music

Good thinking,....oh my gosh J could be for Jidomatix: White Lion finally getting released and who knows what else. As much as I love JK's ouput, to me the real magic is in the NER/Rephlex/EDM A analogue&digital era stuff. Can't get enough of that. But this F & i comes fucking close though so not complaining. Sweet as usual, although not really feeling the ambient one...

That's certainly a good shout, wasn't English Electric 2 mooted by Heidi at some point? That said it seems all new releases will be credited to 'EDM' - must be a pain in the arse dreaming up all those pseudonyms.

Would be nice to have physical releases obv but I'm up for whatever as long as we get to hear more JK.

The breakbeat side is intense as fuck, so much so I havent really sunk my teeth into it yet. First track in a classic tho. Like others have said, the focus purely on break edits and drones with the occasional acid gurgle do make it sound very clinical and hostile, which is a vibe that can get wearing over a full album if you're not in the mood (even Go Plastic does this to me). It's actually more in line with the Lord Of The D tracks that anything else on the EDM series.

The electo-acoustic side is my favorite one, dancing the line between serene ambient and nauseous industrial fug.  A nice subtle mix of synth work (?) and the gamelan chimes/percussion he's been into more recently. Sounds most like the Numerology Songs tracks from the earlier comps.

Archived