IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - FIELD DAY 2017 - SETLIST

J3FF3R00

For those who use spotify: I made a playlist with all the tracks he played that I could find. 22 tracks for now. It's set as a collaborative playlist so I guess you can add some tracks if you're able to. Look for the "Aphex Twin - Field Day Tracks - (ID'd by Redditors)" playlist in Spotify or paste this link in your browser: spotify:user:sojacalcium:playlist:5oKARXnU5mwY3eTA1WiMgU

nice, i'll check this out today!

going to try to watch/listen to the live stream rip sometime this week

was anyone from WATMM able to go to both this and DFN in Houston?

kattin and phudoshin did both i believe

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ wonder how it compared sound and setup wise

glanced at the setlist and it seems similar in scope and vibe even though the are completely different tracks

yeah same, interested to hear how it went over live since i was half listening half freaking out in discord

hard to top that initial setup 707 drop at the peak of the thunderstorm tho IMO

he knows how to play a crowd, that's for sure!

the electro track afx played @33rpm

the 12" is still on preorder for crying out loud (if beatport is a good indication)

Didn't he play a slightly different version of the Rome Track near the end? My brain was pretty mashed and tired by then so it could of been my imagination.

I guess it was the ceephax remix of brother squarepusher

Here's a recent mix of outstanding obscure hardcore/gabber classics...this one focused on a selection of tracks strictly from the 1994 - mixed by DJ Scud, an artist/producer who's contributed quite a number of bangers of his own over the years and is responsible for seminal breakcore label- Ambush. I recommend exploring all artists, record labels in this track list if you're new to hardcore.

https://soundcloud.com/dj-scud_ambush-records/hardnoize-analogue-techno-1994

Didn't he play a slightly different version of the Rome Track near the end? My brain was pretty mashed and tired by then so it could of been my imagination.

I guess it was the ceephax remix of brother squarepusher

Nah, he played that as well, but the one you're thinking of is directly after caustic window garden of linmiri

For those who use spotify: I made a playlist with all the tracks he played that I could find. 22 tracks for now. It's set as a collaborative playlist so I guess you can add some tracks if you're able to. Look for the "Aphex Twin - Field Day Tracks  - (ID'd by Redditors)" playlist in Spotify or paste this link in your browser: spotify:user:sojacalcium:playlist:5oKARXnU5mwY3eTA1WiMgU

nice, i'll check this out today!

going to try to watch/listen to the live stream rip sometime this week

was anyone from WATMM able to go to both this and DFN in Houston?

Yep myself n Kattin went to DFN, FD and FF but we met two Chicago dudes Jake n Vee that did DFN, Primavera, FD, FF and Porto!!!! First time out of the USA too. Major props!

As for comparisons:

All shows were classically aphexy but different - hard to put my finger on it but if i had to use one word  DFN was acidy, FD abstract and FF melodic. Kinda!

FF was my Aphex Xtal Anniversary :p

Ok so when i saw him in texas, i got into a bunch of "new" material, one of the most prominent being the Samurai ep by Eprom. I remember listening to it thinkin "maaan i wish he played Brixton instead", so as soon as i heard those mutilated vocals coming in, i was stomping all over the living room

Other special moments for me were Mescalinum United, FIS (such a fuckin weird dude), Fell and Lazar, the little Rihanna thing (i think i'm just charmed by how non-sequitur it was...), Garden of Linmiri, the distorted FUCK OFF before total silence, and that Public Energy classic definitely had me raving

That's the main theme i picked up on: a full spectrum analysis of rave music, from dark and light, abstract and coherent, old and new

• 2 weeks later...

Just realized there's a real gem in this mix by the D'Archangelo bros. under an early alias..

Oh yes there is...thanks for the mix, revived MF Skulls after years eyyy

although could've sworn Richie dropped it somewhere not long ago

Archived