IGNORED

London 03.06.17 (Field Day LP)

Alzado

This definitely isn't MFM and I'm guessing that whatever that 33 day countdown is leading us to, this isn't it. There's some really good stuff here, but I wouldn't call it a new proper album. The longest track is 4:00 or so. This seems like some odds and ends, some of which are very nice. Track 5 is an ambient little thing with birds in the background. Track 11 sounds like it could be a SAW II reject. Track 6 is the track he's been teasing along with the Weirdcore video effects - a frustratingly short version.

So first of all no discussion of linking out rips or anything like that.

But otherwise yay I don't have this, but I heard it and it's pretty interesting.

Reupped this reddit pic because it's the only decent one I can find.

8WX9K5a.jpg

Side A: 5 tracks

Side B: 6 tracks

Give me times and such, and I'll update here.  :rhubear1:

He only pressed like 500 or so of these right? Congrats to the WATMMers who have this rare diamond in their collection. I'm envious. Gonna close my eyes and bask in this magick again.

that first track is a hell of good first impression! Now for the speculation as to when these babies were produced. I'm leaning towards fairly recently. Sounds very.. clean in a way. experimental as fuck.. super melodic too. 

I really like the different approaches he takes from LP to LP. Sitting still stylistically is not the right way to go about making music.

It's also interesting how different it is while still adhering to many of the same types of sounds.

I wonder how old these tracks are. It sounds like his recent stuff in terms of sound quality, but stylistically some of it sounds like he could have made it back in the 90s. Some of it sounds like newish ground for him.

It reminds me of sega genesis FMing which isn't a bad thing. It also reminds me of that one track 't08+4'

Edited by Brisbot

God damn it I can't figure out where A3's melody is from. It's a Syro or Drukqs track.

A5 is a lovely warbly little piece of magic.

A1 and A2 are good.

Anyone else getting a tape vibe out of these recordings?

A5 sounds like it was recorded to tape of some sort, almost certainly imo but I'm no pro.

Anyone else getting a tape vibe out of these recordings?

Yes. It has a very warm sound to it. Not sure if that's because it was recorded to tape or because the source is vinyl.