IGNORED

London 03.06.17 (Field Day LP)

Alzado

Just received my copy of the london LP from a realy nice guy on discogs for 70 pounds!! Realy happy with this record! Never expected i would own one! He said it was in bad shape, butt it is atleast Near mint!

(Just wanted to share my matterialistic high with u fanboys;)

Theres also a shiny reflective afx logo sticker om the sleeeeeve. Is this something they handed out at the festival?

Nobody got any info on my shiny sticker??

(Latté quoting Latté?)

Just received my copy of the london LP from a realy nice guy on discogs for 70 pounds!! Realy happy with this record! Never expected i would own one! He said it was in bad shape, butt it is atleast Near mint!

(Just wanted to share my matterialistic high with u fanboys;)

Theres also a shiny reflective afx logo sticker om the sleeeeeve. Is this something they handed out at the festival?

Nobody got any info on my shiny sticker?

(Latté quoting Latté)

i bought my copy and one of the afx shirts at field day.. the sticker was part of the t-shirt package

• 2 months later...

Took a couple months off from this album and came back to it recently. Sounds even better now. That was an important update and you've just been informed of it because you opened this thread and checked out this new reply. Consider yourself lucky.

additionally, I came across this on youtube looking for T13 quadraverb

not sure why but I really enjoyed listening to the Quadraverb work its magic on an Aphexian classic 

• 3 weeks later...

I rather enjoy this album, especially with the extended cuts. Much more so than Syro.

I also play Field Day (my edited version minus a few tracks) with much more enthusiasm than Syro

Also maybe because I was at the gig (which was mindblowing) I see the whole thing as a celebration of Aphex. 

Edited by beerwolf

I just remember the hype surrounding Syro with blimps and months of promo and getting a little green card from my local record store and buying the vinyl and ultimately not being blown away.

Field Day I just downloaded it and it rocked.

• 8 months later...

lately i am always making my own playlists and generally do not prefer just listening to entire albums, even on shuffle. london, however, is pretty great to play on shuffle

also, i just looked into the album classification thing again and apparently the catalog number indicates warp considered the vinyl an ep.

Edited by very honest

Random question, but in preparation for the upcoming aphex live dates, Im wondering> how much did they charge for this record or Houston at the merch table?  And did they whip them out from under the desk a random time?  Shortly before his set?

Just want to be ready on the low chance that he tries another sneaky release

Edited by Marked x 0ne

Merch tent had random Aphex stuff for sale and a stack of white label records. Person selling the record said they were made for the event. They weren't sure who the artist was, only that it was limited to 1 per person. It was $20 I believe. Merch was out hours before the show. It was pretty well below the radar I believe.

I wasn't sure it was an Aphex record I just sort of put things together and bought the mystery record.

Merch tent had random Aphex stuff for sale and a stack of white label records. Person selling the record said they were made for the event. They weren't sure who the artist was, only that it was limited to 1 per person. It was $20 I believe. Merch was out hours before the show. It was pretty well below the radar I believe.

I wasn't sure it was an Aphex record I just sort of put things together and bought the mystery record.

When I went up to the merch table the lady said it was an Aphex DFN exclusive and I paid $15. They also hadn’t started restricting them to 1 per person yet, and I saw a few people get several copies. An hour or two later was when I heard the price went up and they were limiting sales to 1 per customer.

lately i am always making my own playlists and generally do not prefer just listening to entire albums, even on shuffle. london, however, is pretty great to play on shuffle

also, i just looked into the album classification thing again and apparently the catalog number indicates warp considered the vinyl an ep.

At Field day they charged 15 pounds for the record. The stand was there from the beginning of the festival. 

I remember making my way to the stand directly, which meant I had to drag the record along with through the whole festival... But it was worth it. 

Even got offered 120 pounds for it that evening. 

• 2 months later...

42DIMENSIT3 e3 is underrated. it's one my favorites of the modern aphex era.

Awesome Song

One of my Favorites as well:)

I heard this for the first time right after Forbidden Fruit 2017

:aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign:

42DIMENSIT3 e3 is underrated. it's one my favorites of the modern aphex era.

Awesome Song

One of my Favorites as well:)

I heard this for the first time right after Forbidden Fruit 2017

:aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign:

It's an utter masterpiece. Weird and microtonal as fuck, but has so much emotion, those breakdowns at 1:05 and 3:20 are ridiculous, super sad in a weird way that I have never heard before, he really is the master of the melody, it just all works so well. Quintessentially Aphex, sonically strange and off-beat but still so human, it's all in the sequencing. 

maybe unpopular opinion for this thread but i cant stand the first part of that track ^, it starts off so cheesy.  i get that he's using the microtonal stuff to pivot into lush melodies (around 1:30 is really really nice).. but to me it sounds like a rough sketch of a better track

Edited by Marked x 0ne

Nah I'm completely with you - Just picked up the vigital dinyls of Houston and couldn't remember why I'd not bought the Field Day LP, clicked 'preview' and that first track came on and remembered why. It's probably the Zenith (or Nadir depending on your point of view) of the nu-AFX sound that I've really not taken to. It's bored clowns getting lost in a ghost house, they try different rooms to get out but all they end up finding is different combinations of plastic cobwebs and UV skeletons propped up in each of them (and occasionally a vacuum cleaner and some screen wash).

It's bored clowns getting lost in a ghost house, they try different rooms to get out but all they end up finding is different combinations of plastic cobwebs and UV skeletons propped up in each of them (and occasionally a vacuum cleaner and some screen wash).

I remember that The Twilight Zone episode

can't remember if it's b&w or newer

:)

• 4 years later...

I can't be arsed to name the tunes but as you might have already noticed some of them have basically the same drum patterns as others... very distinct drums only heard on this LP... give us more of these gnarly drums Richie pls...

• Like 1