IGNORED

London 03.06.17 (Field Day LP)

Alzado

Finally had a change to give the record a spin. Holy shit, the B Side is filled to the brim with gems. I prefer it much more to the DFN release.

Same here, just got home and checking out now. B side is otherworldy. Love A side as well, especially a5.

That being said, i still don't consider this to be a proper release, but more unfinished tracks. Reminds me of the syrobonkers interview tracks because they are not as layered as say Syro.

Still so grateful to have gotten this. I can't help but feel blessed to live in this day and age, just to be able to witness this music.

Thank you Richard!!!

Ps: that last track is hypnotising.

Edited by Time Tourist

Track A1 is just spectacular, I'm getting Fenix Funk vibes aswell like someone said before, Rich is just a virtuoso at creating emotional melodies. What a great suprise getting this many tracks, like a full album, I reckon aswell that its offshoots from his next LP (not mfm), and other little experiments he's done in the last few years. Infinitely grateful for this collection of tunes coming out of nowhere, and also for the life-changing set and the chance to see him live!

These mainly seem to be microtonal tracks, maybe a lot of them were made with/for that korg minilogue synth?  

I never really looked into those scales he made for it.. 

Anyways these keep getting better with each listen

That being said, i still don't consider this to be a proper release, but more unfinished tracks. Reminds me of the syrobonkers interview tracks because they are not as layered as say Syro.

I just wanna point out that these tracks are published, and are most likely as done and fleshed out as they will ever be, so they are "finished". Even though they are not A-list Aphex Twin Album tracks, there are lots of releases like this in his discography, with some of the best gems, and these may be tracks he really likes.

TLDR just try to appreciate them for what they are. I know your post was positive, this aint a critisim.

I just wanna point out that these tracks are published, and are most likely as done and fleshed out as they will ever be, so they are "finished". Even though they are not A-list Aphex Twin Album tracks, there are lots of releases like this in his discography, with some of the best gems, and these may be tracks he really likes.

TLDR just try to appreciate them for what they are. I know your post was positive, this aint a critisim.

Yea I'm seeing this as b-sides. Great tracks, things he wanted to share, but seems more like ideas that are scratched off from making it onto any planned releases. Still great stuff none the less. Loving a1, a3, b1, b3 and b6

Apparently youtube don't object to posting these tracks. So these wont get an official release. Unless you'd consider the london white label as official. But if that would be official, youtube would have stopped putting these up. Still kinda odd. If i remember correctly, the tubes did complain with the day/night white label. So sometings changed..

Does anyone else think The Designers Republic did the minimal green sleeve?  That seems like their kind of thing.  Richard's other 2 stamped white labels on Warp were just generic white sleeves, so this one seemed different on purpose.

Yea I'm seeing this as b-sides. Great tracks, things he wanted to share, but seems more like ideas that are scratched off from making it onto any planned releases. Still great stuff none the less. Loving a1, a3, b1, b3 and b6

This exactly.

Also am really liking the unsettling vibe that underlies most of the tracks. Feels like walking home at night alone after having smoked too much and looking back over your shoulder to be sure there is no one there.

Could anyone help a fellow out and send me a proper download link??

Tried Reddit and others and just get spammed shite. Drop box link doesn't exist and mega is acting up.

About to drive the coast of Spain and need this cranked!!!!

Absolutely furious with myself for not picking this up on Saturday. At least I got into the middle of the crowd to enjoy the show instead of spending 2 hours protecting the precious wax...

Been meaning to ask Joe as I couldn't really tell from the stream from the crowd reactions - But what was the volume like for the Aphex set. My mind says crazy loud but ... was it ?

Been meaning to ask Joe as I couldn't really tell from the stream from the crowd reactions - But what was the volume like for the Aphex set. My mind says crazy loud but ... was it ?

Loud, I certainly couldn't hear the general crowd over the music which is always a symptom of weak sound systems. I definitely should have been wearing my plugs at least. Bearing in mind I was at the front, but I remember walking in during Nina Kraviz and hearing it fine from the back.