• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i hate when the type of autism idm makers have is the "hide all my stuff and never talk to anyone" autism rather than the obsessive "here is everything i've ever made cataloged chronologically" type. goon is clearly the former. along with monolith etc

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

still no answer? I'm even thinking of going to the UK myself and knock on his door. Still feels like cold turkey for I'm really addicted to his music

Still got a few years left till Brexit anyway

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ok, so I am not the only one that noticed. 

I remembered that synthme was global goon on here, so I had been a fan of that alias. 

Then in 2012 Somone on reddit posted a thread to a global goon song with the title that read. 

"global goon has the best melodies" 

So I thought to myself, OK, I consider myself highly melodically inclined and so I was sold and clicked on a SoundCloud link to this song 

I fell in love and could easily identify with his melodies. 

So I hit him up and ask if he was down to let me do a remix, he checked out my music and liked it, he mentioned he liked my melodies. 

He sent me an album of his on bandcamp. 

Then I found out that the dude was rephlex royalty and that he used to be roommates with 7\ and [   ]pusher and was like. 

Bruh, I had no idea who I was really talking to, I sent that message and that dude dipped off the face of the planet. 

Sigh... I still wanna do a remix for him =/

• Like 2

Hate was nowhere near an equation. 

Ain't no shame in the fanboi game, homie, if I wasn't a fanboi, I wouldn't be managing one of my favorite musicians, or asked by another one of my favorite musicians, what my mailing address was so they could send their first album in 12 years because "I showed them love all these years". If someone makes tight shit, imma show that nigga love and make sure they know who I am. And because I show mad love, I'm pretty much friends with my favorite musicians that isn't Kanye, aphex or squarepusher. 

I rarely do remixes, and when I do, i prefer it be a song I really admire from the artist, a competition, or I'm being commissioned. 

Hope that answers your question. 

didn't mean to call you a "fanboi" or something. just imagined goon wasn't interested in all the extra stuff a fan can bring along. he was interested at first, right? and he vanished when you realised who he was. thats all.

still don't understand why you didnt do the remix btw. but hey, thats life. ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, goDel said:

didn't mean to call you a "fanboi" or something. just imagined goon wasn't interested in all the extra stuff a fan can bring along. he was interested at first, right? and he vanished when you realised who he was. thats all.

still don't understand why you didnt do the remix btw. but hey, thats life. ?

yeah dude, i'm sorry for flexing on you, homie, i was a bit triggered and emotional last night, i deal with bipolar and last night, shit just be fuckin with me, i did notice that after i submitted my post, i didn't conclude your answer.

but yes, yer right, i thought he ghosted me after i was like "holy shit, yer a fuckin legend!"

i used to talk to him on fb, i was looking through my soundcloud messages to see if i hit him up there, i forgot how we made the bond facebook official.

i really hope he is doing ok, i would love some closure, i'm not even trying to colab, i just want to know if he's ok, i am sure he is, but his essence is missed.

once again, i'm sorry dude.

♥!

• Like 1