IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

are you saying you're not anticipating many additions?

i bought individual tracks, being stingy. i spent like 90 bucks anyway.

richard dropped a pretty ridiculous amount of material last year. it's kind of odd how this thread has been kind of quiet, but maybe it's because people have been happily enjoying

so im sure it makes sense to give it some time and let people buy up last year's batch and take it in.

plus he said the bleep store is hard to administer and he has to learn it

are you saying you're not anticipating many additions?

i bought individual tracks, being stingy. i spent like 90 bucks anyway.

richard dropped a pretty ridiculous amount of material last year. it's kind of odd how this thread has been kind of quiet, but maybe it's because people have been happily enjoying

so im sure it makes sense to give it some time and let people buy up last year's batch and take it in.

plus he said the bleep store is hard to administer and he has to learn it

PS6BQaT.jpg

Of the new tracks, these are my faves:

Forgotten Life Path

tuning seq2 ph2

em2500 M253X

midi pipe2c edit,+3

talkin2u mix2 +9

I think I’ve listened to the new pipe track 100 times since it first appeared. It’s perfection.

The "I will take down tracks whenever I want" and "if you buy the whole album, you'll get any extra tracks I upload in the future" messages seemed skeezy at the time. Still does.

That said, many of these albums are good value, even if no extra tracks are added (beyond the extra tracks added already). But alternate mixes / speed versions / demos don't really do it for me.

But hey, Aphex usually proves me wrong--a day after I post this, he'll post so many new tracks I'll look like a total dick. I'd be fine with that.

i think it's more problematic that there hasn't been any new upload since... i don't know. has it been a year already? more? can't remember.

he must have moved in with the BOC guys up in Scotland, i'm guessing.

We've seen this cycle of starting off strong -> overpromising -> underdelivering a couple times already

jesus fucking christ

I agree it's a frustrating cycle but it's no reason to take the Lord's name in vain

Between this and the thread about squarepusher never releasing anything good again I'm fully considering continuing to not pay for my watmm membership

a few months back we were still in anger/denial land. Time for bargaining and depression

I’m assuming he just loses interest in certain things from time to time. Apart from record new music. That’s probably his number one thing in life/universe/etc.

so, who re bought the whole discography on the store, thinking he will add alternative mix and unreleased tracks ? 

:emotawesomepm9:

Haven't yet bought the whole discography, but I'm slowly working my way through it :) 

I'll get there some day! 

I’m assuming he just loses interest in certain things from time to time. Apart from record new music. That’s probably his number one thing in life/universe/etc.

I cannot FUCKING wait to hear that one track that's been played (the Jlin remix one). I want whatever album comes from that era of tracks. I want to blast that.

every few days i'm checking to see if that day for night vinyl is up there for download, that ballblaster is just too fuckin dope not to be in the store. God knows what other stuff he made, think i'm gonna lurk there till i drop dead

every few days i'm checking to see if that day for night vinyl is up there for download, that ballblaster is just too fuckin dope not to be in the store. God knows what other stuff he made, think i'm gonna lurk there till i drop dead

I long for a digital release that sounds comparable to how immense those tracks sound on record

He's been replying to comments again. Something happening in a couple months apparently.

Looks like that was answered by ‘daddy2’ rather than ‘daddy1’. Do we know if that’s him as well? Hopefully you’re right and something is coming soon.

i think it's him, he is the afx twin afterall. i don't think anyone would dare to troll him on his site

you've been visited by daddy2

9a5oav.png

say "hi daddy2" and your future will be filled with false promises and unnecessary thread bumps regarding future aphex twin releases that never come to fruition