IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

gotta hand it to them. they are making themselves a nice business model, getting paid twice for shows.

putting out soundboards is awesome. another innovative breakthrough by the brothers.

Edited by very honest

avril 14th half speed alternative version [re-recorded 2009 Nagra] is kind of a beast

Just checked this, it's really pretty and so relaxing. So he actually tracked this as a separate session? ... Just the song and then he slowed it down with high quality timestretch or do you think there's more to it?

Midi data fed at half-speed to the piano, more sustain.

Ahh ok that makes sense. It's amazing how a simple variation can make an already beautiful song sound like a brand new piece.

I've noticed similar patterns in my own work, when I strip down my favorite stuff I've done, the more raw / minimal versions are impressive, like you can finally hear even more music between the notes. :)

It's definitely easy to overstuff tracks when you're sat in front of a DAW with an almost infinite amount of tracks and that usually makes the music+sound lose focus.

Yes I make this mistake all the time, less is really more sometimes. The thing with Aphex is that there's so much going on but it all sounds "necessary", really impressive.

He's one of the few who're very good at maintaining a sense of purpose+direction while piling on the details, it's part of what makes his music a great listen while most of his imitators music is irritating twaddle.

His complex stuff isn't layers upon layers of stuff in a big smoushy mess, there's only ever a handful of things at the same time but those things change rapidly. The ear can make sense of that than of 50 sounds at once*.

*sometimes 50 things at once is interesting - you can't listen to it all so you have to chose what to pick out (much like listening to the world around you in a busy place) but it's a less coherent listening experience and is v unlikely to sound 'accessible'.

He's one of the few who're very good at maintaining a sense of purpose+direction while piling on the details, it's part of what makes his music a great listen while most of his imitators music is irritating twaddle.

His complex stuff isn't layers upon layers of stuff in a big smoushy mess, there's only ever a handful of things at the same time but those things change rapidly. The ear can make sense of that than of 50 sounds at once*.

*sometimes 50 things at once is interesting - you can't listen to it all so you have to chose what to pick out (much like listening to the world around you in a busy place) but it's a less coherent listening experience and is v unlikely to sound 'accessible'.

if you play a richard d james track over a richard devine track it sounds like a richard devine track

The * is fun to do while meditating. . . also, to try and allow the sound of voices to lose their meaning and just become tones/inflections/whathave you. 

RDJ stuffs always remind me of classical music for this very reason - there is a coherent sense of purpose that is driving all the different lines interweaving throughout the piece. Stuff is interacting and moving and reflecting off itself, but always as one functional unit, mutating organically. 

Oh, also, the MF'r shits melody. Just, like, most people go to the toilet and drop a deuce, Aphex Twin visits the can and comes back with 2 sonatas and a concerto. . . . baby dipee full of nocturnes. Iz madness. . .

• 2 weeks later...

lol, anyone remember this (reddit community remembered)

*hello guys, girls and trannies, just checking in to announce there will be some totally new aphex twin custom official limited edition dentures for sale soon. so vexing!

also in the pipeline is the long-awaited "selected ambient works 1.5" metal cassette, cd, vomit-tinted vinyl and manual ciphers (fuck digitals, analog only, baby). available for download by kind legal agreement from r+s records international via mail order on march 5th, 2019.

finally, while you're at it, sign up for the upcoming korg "selected ambient works 3"-themed lush 25 keys rompler kickstarter with weirdcore designed interface print! synth programmeded by my chinky mate tatsuo mcwhatshisface. street date is july 5th 2019, will be offered with optional 3 months limited warranty, power supply sold seperately.

check out my lush aphex twin website for the official announcements, i don't have any strong feelings about you stupid twits so i wanted you to be the 1st to know.

joyrex is a cunt, reddit sucks donkey dick, you're being brainwashed by chemtrails. have a happy 2019 and get cracking you slags!

eternally yours in prism and bitches, pritchard b slams*

Guess the AFXhypeman_OFFICIAL was actually cold with his vomit-tinted vinyl for trannies.