IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

Likely been discussed, but is there any difference between the version of Lisbon Acid we all had before and this new 'unedited live version'?

https://aphextwin.warp.net/release/85662-afx-analord-07

Just played the 'unedited live' version with the 2009 Rephlex wav I had already and they're exactly the same save the file quality ('unedited live' on the Bleep store is 320 kbps mp3).

Am I missing something here? Why post a retitled mp3 of an already released track and not even post the rest of the Analord 07 EP?

I think Richard's intention for the Analord series is to stay analogue; might be why Chosen Lords isn't on there (although the more likely explanation is he just hasn't got around to it yet).

Likely been discussed, but is there any difference between the version of Lisbon Acid we all had before and this new 'unedited live version'?

Just played the 'unedited live' version with the 2009 Rephlex wav I had already and they're exactly the same save the file quality ('unedited live' on the Bleep store is 320 kbps mp3).

Am I missing something here? Why post a retitled mp3 of an already released track and not even post the rest of the Analord 07 EP?

I think Richard's intention for the Analord series is to stay analogue; might be why Chosen Lords isn't on there (although the more likely explanation is he just hasn't got around to it yet).

yeah but then they got released on deh rephlex site digital. And also he recorded the mixes down to minidisc so they weren't ever totally analog.

yeah but then they got released on deh rephlex site digital. And also he recorded the mixes down to minidisc so they weren't ever totally analog.

Ah, yes - you are correct! I forgot that Rephlex offered them up as digitals. Didn't know about recording them to MD - is that how he sent them to be mastered?

I have been off watmm for a while... finally got around to hearing the new tracks and I must say it made my fanboyism come back a little...

I'm mystified that no matter the track it still sounds aphex, there is something about the syncopation.. mixing.. sounds used... and ofc that microtonal sound... richard's def still got it

Ah, yes - you are correct! I forgot that Rephlex offered them up as digitals. Didn't know about recording them to MD - is that how he sent them to be mastered?

I remember reading a soundcloud comment (  or an interview? ) that he said he recorded to analord tracks to a portable minidisc device. Unfortunately NOBODY ARCHIVED HIS SOUNDCLOUD COMMENTS.

Maybe he is trying to admit that the original version was up scaled / reencoded from mp3 ? Edited by o00o

fortunately SOME BODY ARCHIVED HIS SOUNDCLOUD COMMENTS.

I have screenshots of his comments with the replies from everyone

I haven't put it all in one place though

should've made a folder at the time

scattered all over

I've got a few random ones but not certainly all of them. We need to start a thread to piece it all together... (sounds like a lot of work but we've all been talking about these comments for a long time now)

I made it my duty to salvage screenshots of all the times he replied to me. You know, a little something to show the grandkids. A little something to look back on. And possibly frame.

Some interesting stuff, though. His first mention of wanting to do a Bleepstore, the AFX vs Mercury Awards tidbit, etc.

I'd love to see the old comments archived somewhere. 

edit: if anyone has a screenshot of him replying to "spinborn" I'd appreciate it if you could post it here  :happy:

Edited by chronical

I think Richard's intention for the Analord series is to stay analogue; might be why Chosen Lords isn't on there

Are analogue CDs any relation to digital vinyls?

No; they are like physical downloads.

edit: if anyone has a screenshot of him replying to "spinborn" I'd appreciate it if you could post it here  :happy:

I honestly thought the whole time that somebody was archiving them. They are more or less archived in the soundcloud thread by people pasting them in comments. But still, I for some reason thought it was part of the big archive and I was mistaken to find out that it was just the track descriptions that were archived.

I honestly thought the whole time that somebody was archiving them. They are more or less archived in the soundcloud thread by people pasting them in comments. But still, I for some reason thought it was part of the big archive and I was mistaken to find out that it was just the track descriptions that were archived.

same here, that's why I never backed them up. I got like 4 replies out of the whole thing, hope I'll find them some day :)