IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

im so behind, havent even fully listened to the houston / london releases

fuckkin jealous, i wish i could hear new afx for the first time again. what an experience!

haha for real.. i actually kind of love the fact that I'm barely 25% through the Soundcloud dump.. gives this sense of feeling like there's endless afx surprises around the corner to explore lol

I find it weird that neither Warp or Aphex have promoted this countdown at all. AFAIK, the only time it's been name-dropped is at the bottom of the NTS stream page.

Unless we get an update this Thursday (or early next week) I wouldn't count on any new material, if it is a Bleepstore. If new/unreleased Aphex Twin material was on the way, you'd assume they'd put way more effort into the marketing.

I find it weird that neither Warp or Aphex have promoted this countdown at all. AFAIK, the only time it's been name-dropped is at the bottom of the NTS stream page.

Unless we get an update this Thursday (or early next week) I wouldn't count on any new material, if it is a Bleepstore. If new/unreleased Aphex Twin material was on the way, you'd assume they'd put way more effort into the marketing.

Same thoughts here, unless there will be another countdown to a new album starting from the bleepstore release. Or just a simple announcement to go with it...

The thing that I keep thinking we will get some sort of new release from is that the field day set on youtube got taken down by warp in a similar fashion to the pre-syro video takedowns.  Maybe something Ritard played there is about to get released in a proper fashion

he already dropped 2 new tracks and they both have those txx drumz, i'm pretty positive there is gonna be a new album announcement in 9 days and (hopefully) a bleepstore (with 1000 unreleased tracks) :cisfor:

he already dropped 2 new tracks and they both have those txx drumz, i'm pretty positive there is gonna be a new album announcement in 9 days and (hopefully) a bleepstore (with 1000 unreleased tracks) :cisfor:

Love your optimism, Ivan.  

Only 1,704 people have voted on http://user18081971.watmm.com/

This dump is for us, Haha

:aphexsign:

Has it been mentioned before that this countdown isn't timezone specific. Change the time on your system, the countdown changes with it. So the countdown is for Jul 6, 2017 17:00:00. Presumably UK?

Has it been mentioned before that this countdown isn't timezone specific. Change the time on your system, the countdown changes with it. So the countdown is for Jul 6, 2017 17:00:00. Presumably UK?

I still wonder if this will result in a release in Japan only... Since the countdown points at midnight of july 6 in Japan.

If you look at the last few limited releases (dfn, field day, tech store in the US) it might not even be that far fetched.

But then again, it would be crazy to put up a countdown for that...

Ah, guess we'll know in a few days.

That would piss so many people off and he's playing a festival in Japan in late July so if anything he'd release an exclusive vinyl there.

Forgot about the Japan gig, well there goes my theory...

Hopefully Ivan is right.

I think the best thing that we could hope for is a new single or two, maybe another EP that you can download from the bleepstore. Ever since the countdown began, I never had the feeling that a full new album (Syro follow-up) was imminent. I know Richard loves being cryptic and mysterious, but for a major release under the Aphex alias? As others have suggested, there would most likely be some marketing involved rather than a boring countdown page. I'm sure we'll get a new album, but I don't think it'll be on July 6th.

Maybe there'll be a release in Japan tomorrow, and all three records - Houston, London, Japan - will be available in a boxset on the store. A sort of 2017 tour boxset. 

Edited by Brionic

Maybe there'll be a release in Japan tomorrow, and all three records - Houston, London, Japan - will be available in a boxset on the store. A sort of 2017 tour boxset.

I like the cut of your jib.

EDIT: Okay I'm probably wrong but nobody gave an ID on this track in the thread and I want to know what it is (track after cilonen, starts around 2:30)

Edited by Bubba69