IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

The Houston Tidal flacs sound way better than my previous Houston vinyl rip. But holy shit is this a terrible site; I tried to purchase the download 4 times and each time I received an error message inferring that the payment failed. Good thing I didn't keep trying because I checked my mobile banking app later and all 4 'failed' payments actually went through. Have to cancel 3 of these. Shady company.

The Houston Tidal flacs sound way better than my previous Houston vinyl rip. But holy shit is this a terrible site; I tried to purchase the download 4 times and each time I received an error message inferring that the payment failed. Good thing I didn't keep trying because I checked my mobile banking app later and all 4 'failed' payments actually went through. Have to cancel 3 of these. Shady company.

Exactly the same happened to me. I dropped Tidal an email and they refunded straight away.

Then it wouldn’t let me download the files through Safari, which apparently isn’t able to download audio, according to Tidal

Edited by petsim

From his latest releases this was the most surprising for me, the most brutal banger(s). I'm so glad i can get to hear this in full glory, just fuckin amazing.

Wish he made a whole album like this

Thanks jay z

I'm still struggling to understand why it was done this way. I'm sure he gets less money by selling it through Tidal compared to his bleepstore and Warp never officially announced it in any way

I'm still struggling to understand why it was done this way. I'm sure he gets less money by selling it through Tidal compared to his bleepstore and Warp never officially announced it in any way

honestly seems like an administrative error by label-management people behind the scenes rather than conscious decision, least of all by the artist himself.  i have faith itll show up on the bleepstore at some point

if tidal is processing 3 X bank deductions for single payments, there is a chance some users may not realise and fail to report the multiple deductions and not seek refund. those numbers are bound to add up in long term. 

seems like a good, Smart business move to me. 

the link is in that reddit thread that was posted

the link in reddit was just some egghead posting the vinyl rip. 

30 second sample on tidal sounds good though. will just listen to that and refuse to sign up on principle :)

Edited by bitchroast

ah, haha. Thanks!

It’s either a mistake or a total troll move but seeing how Tidal has been in constant trouble and obviously has horrific business practices, it’s sucky either way

For something as big as this wouldn't they want it on their own site (Blamp.neT) rather than going through a third party and only take a cut of the profits ?

For something as big as this wouldn't they want it on their own site (Blamp.neT) rather than going through a third party and only take a cut of the profits ?

It's about numbers - having it on iTunes, Google Music, Tidal, etc. as well as their own storefront means more overall $$$ since it reaches potentially more ears, even if reduced per-unit profits on those other platforms.

Feels to me like a similar deal to what he did with that store in the US releasing the exclusive tsim 2 & gerald remix from the soundcloud dump on vinyl. Perhaps rdj has a friend at tidal or sumting.

Feels to me like a similar deal to what he did with that store in the US releasing the exclusive tsim 2 & gerald remix from the soundcloud dump on vinyl. Perhaps rdj has a friend at tidal or sumting.

Rich is good friends with Kanye