IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

Jul 20, 16:05, i think

Do you wanna elaborate?

Here's my understanding: It takes 6 minutes and 40 seconds (400 seconds) for the "minute" field to do one cycle, instead of 60 seconds. This gives the time factor 400/60=6.666.

Multiplying the fields with this factor:

5 days * 6.666 = 33.3 days

19 hours * 6.666 = 106.565 hours / 24 = 4.44 days

23 minutes * 6.666 = 153.18 minutes / 60 = 2.553 hours / 24 = 0.1 days.

Adding all the days:

33.3 + 4.44 + 0.1 = 37.84 days.

~38 days from now is August 8th. Someone else work out the hours and minutes?

Jul 20, 16:05, i think

Do you wanna elaborate?

Here's my understanding: It takes 6 minutes and 40 seconds (400 seconds) for the "minute" field to do one cycle, instead of 60 seconds. This gives the time factor 400/60=6.666.

Multiplying the fields with this factor:

5 days * 6.666 = 33.3 days

19 hours * 6.666 = 106.565 hours / 24 = 4.44 days

23 minutes * 6.666 = 153.18 minutes / 60 = 2.553 hours / 24 = 0.1 days.

Adding all the days:

33.3 + 4.44 + 0.1 = 37.84 days.

~38 days from now is August 8th. Someone else work out the hours and minutes?

the variable "distance" (the value of the timer) is the sum of the return values of 3 functions: a(), f() and x(). the timer's rate is not constant. i think its meant to slow to a crawl then speed up again

you can hit f12 on your browser to open the inspector, then go to the console tab. the return values of a(), f() and x() are printed to the console.

part of the code is the variable "now," i plugged in future dates to arrive at july 20 through trial and error. or you can just change the date/time on your computer like brionic did

Edited by very honest

Ok, I took a look at the code and see you're absolutely right.

a() decreases by 1 per day.

f() increases by 0.85 per day.

Both of these are linear and their sum equals a 0.15 day decrease per day. This reflects the current speed that I described (1 minute takes 400 seconds, 60/400=0.15).

x() is the "tricky" one. It equals 0 until 1.7 days after countDownDate, then its decrease grows exponentially/cubically, accelerating the countdown.

On July 20th the sum of a+f+x goes under 0:

a() = July 6 - July 20 = -14

f() = 6-(-14)*0.85 = 17

x() = -1*((2*(-1.7-(-14)))squared) = -3.45

Of course, the function names spell out afx, too.

On a side note, why is everyone saying the track he played at field day is a collab with jlin? 

It's because it was a collab track started with jlin. afx finished it on his own.

Of course, the function names spell out afx, too.

I legit didn't noticed that until you pointed it out. 

lol!

On a side note, why is everyone saying the track he played at field day is a collab with jlin? 

on soundcloud mike p did a jlin mix wich had a track called jlin featuring "unknown", seemed like a remix she did from that field day track

YOU

HAVE 

BEEN

TROLLOOLLOLLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLLLOLOOOLOLOLLL

:emotawesomepm9: 

:trollface:

:nelson:

:cisfor:

Edited by HexagonSun

because Mike Paradinas played a special "only" jin dj set with all her tracks and the one with aphex was on it.

It's because it was a collab track started with jlin. afx finished it on his own.

How did you know that? I thought Jlin just got ahold of the track and remixed it on her own.

How did you know that? I thought Jlin just got ahold of the track and remixed it on her own.

yeah where does this collab thing came from

track is 1000% pure a() f() x()

OK, so the value of a is, at any point in time, the number of days left until countDownDate (5 PM on July 6). It's pretty close to +1 as I'm writing this but it will become negative after countDownDate has passed. Oddly enough there's no attempt in the code to specify a timezone for countDownDate so I presume the value of a will only be correct if your browser is in the same timezone as the UK.

f = (6-a)*0.85

x = - (0.2 * (-1.7-a))2 / 200   <- THIS BIT IS WRONG. IGNORE THIS ENTIRE POST. SORRY.

What the countdown shows is a+f+x. So, for what values of a are a+f+x exactly zero? There will be two such values, because a+f+x = 0 is a second-degree equation. Solving it wouldn't be rocket science but it's easiest to just ask Wolfram Alpha. Click "approximate forms" to see the solutions expressed numerically.

One solution is 779.32. It's positive, which means the counter was zero at one point in May 2015, and then counted up for a good while! Good thing there was no page back then because it would have been confusing. (Determining at what exact time the countdown started going down again is left as an exercise for the reader.)

The other solution is minus 32.717 and that's the one we want. The countdown will reach zero 32.717 days after countDownDate, which is at 10:12 AM on August 8. Again, probably UK time.

Unless I've made an error, or they change the code again.

Edited by ola t

OK, so the value of a is, at any point in time, the number of days left until countDownDate (5 PM on July 6). It's pretty close to +1 as I'm writing this but it will become negative after countDownDate has passed. Oddly enough there's no attempt in the code to specify a timezone for countDownDate so I presume the value of a will only be correct if your browser is in the same timezone as the UK.

f = (6-a)*0.85

x = - (0.2 * (-1.7-a))2 / 200

What the countdown shows is a+f+x. So, for what values of a are a+f+x exactly zero? There will be two such values, because a+f+x = 0 is a second-degree equation. Solving it wouldn't be rocket science but it's easiest to just ask Wolfram Alpha. Click "approximate forms" to see the solutions expressed numerically.

One solution is 779.32. It's positive, which means the counter was zero at one point in May 2015, and then counted up for a good while! Good thing there was no page back then because it would have been confusing. (Determining at what exact time the countdown started going down again is left as an exercise for the reader.)

The other solution is minus 32.717 and that's the one we want. The countdown will reach zero 32.717 days after countDownDate, which is at 10:12 AM on August 8. Again, probably UK time.

Unless I've made an error, or they change the code again.

And to think in all the 15 years or so that have passed i thought it was just as as easy as getting minced for a while then paying top dollar for anything that R.D.J had released...Once i have noticed that is....