IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

I keep listening to Soundlab20 over and over. The more I listen, the more different emotions and memories come to the front and make me cry and release. Connected to certain sounds in the song/chimes/electronic cicada buzz makes my eyes water thinking about it. Soundlab20, Amazing! Combined with the Awesome Acid Manchester Rave, Thanks for the Healing, RDJ:)

:aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

• Like 4

mine shipped today, no digis..messaged Ochre's zendesk think on the afx store about it..will post what they say when i get a reply here.

cant wait to get those tracks spinning wax!!!

Houston 12" at the show did not come with a download card, no digitals with the purchase

Field Day 12" at the show did not come with a download card, no digitals with the purchase

Tuss 3x12" from Aphex Twin Bleep site did not come with digitals

Don't see why the London and Manchester 12's will be any different, they probably do not and will not come with digitals. Could be wrong though!

Just now, hijexx said:

Houston 12" at the show did not come with a download card, no digitals with the purchase

Field Day 12" at the show did not come with a download card, no digitals with the purchase

Don't see why the London and Manchester 12's will be any different, they probably do not and will not come with digitals. Could be wrong though!

damn..i'd kill for the tuss 3x to be in stock on the store again..

4 hours ago, hijexx said:

I wish those first 3 would show up on the store...

legit stuck about what to do with my spare london..I hate flipping records so bad but trading scares me. if I could personally asses the quality of rephlex vinyl clone.nl found in their warehouse, i'd be tempted to flip for some of that but fuck paying 300eur for a mouldy analord binder ?..or a waterdamaged Rushup Edge

My copy of D'arch - Shipwreck came with what looks like one of the corners chewed off by a rat, I dont mind as its really small but still. some of the prices on there are..phenomenally bad

I'm a little bummed I missed out on these, but I did manage to snag one of the copies of Rushup Edge when that was up briefly, so I guess I shouldn't complain. Honestly owning particularly rare records kinda stresses me out haha

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, diatoms said:

Time to release Healing Music

:aphexsign:               :aphexsign:

in the

4 th decade

:aphexsign::aphexsign:

What if I told you...

...2020 IS the year.

So the synth bit that comes in at 14:41 in this video of the unreleased track 2016-2019 - 06 brooklyn trk3 (coachella wk1 2019) 

That awesome synth bit sounds like a sample of this at 3:50:

I'm like 90% sure they're the same thing, though maybe it's sampled in a different place from the microscopic track where it's easier to clean up the other bits.

Edited by Brisbot

That's some good connect-the-dots. As far as direct sample...monosynth melodies with a high portamento are just a techno mainstay like a pentatonic guitar solo in rock. Anything's possible though. What I appreciate most lately is Tom biting Aphex drum loops directly (off topic, I know)

On 1/15/2020 at 8:21 PM, hijexx said:

Same key and close to same progression but I think it’s just a coincidence. Doesn’t sound sampled to me, timbre is different.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's listened to it before and subconsciously re-created it. I've definitely done that before. It'll be impossible to tell till it's out though. Afx has been very good at disguising samples in the past, in a good way of course. 

There's a lot you can do with a few FX. If it is sampled, sounds like there may be a chorus effect on top of Aphex's

The Timbre is fairly close to me. not only the same chord progression but that same delay effect is there, and the rate it's pitching upward and downward while the same pitch in Microscopic is uncanny. It's also easily sample-able.

On 1/15/2020 at 9:14 PM, xxx said:

That's some good connect-the-dots. As far as direct sample...monosynth melodies with a high portamento are just a techno mainstay like a pentatonic guitar solo in rock. Anything's possible though. What I appreciate most lately is Tom biting Aphex drum loops directly (off topic, I know)

Yeah there's a lil bit of doubt there since that sound isn't exactly hard to re-create, though it's still awesome.

Edited by Brisbot