IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2020 at 12:24 PM, Hugh Mughnus said:

No clue tbh. I’d prefer work in a similar vein to syro/collapse etc though. Would be cool if he got back into complex beats ala drukqs though. I’ll take anything ?

Totally, at this point I'll take anything the man wants to give us lol, this horrid year needs some Aphex therapy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lane Visitor said:

Totally, at this point I'll take anything the man wants to give us lol, this horrid year needs some Aphex therapy.

this is shaping up to be the first year since the big comeback where we haven't had an official music release.

2014 - syro
2015 - ccai, marchromt 12", orphaned
2016 - cheetah, houston 12"
2017 - field day 12", mt fuji tape, bleepstore goodies
2018 - collapse, more bleepstore extras
2019 - printworks 12", twp 12", peel sesh, more bleepstore extras
2020 - ???

Edited by Kennylogg Bubblebath
  • Farnsworth 1

6 minutes ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

this is shaping up to be the first year since the big comeback where we haven't had an official music release.

2014 - syro
2015 - ccai, marchromt 12", orphaned
2016 - cheetah, houston 12"
2017 - field day 12", mt fuji tape, bleepstore goodies
2018 - collapse, more bleepstore extras
2019 - printworks 12", twp 12", peel sesh, more bleepstore extras
2020 - ???

Was expecting a new album this year, maybe delayed because of covid ? 

:shrug:

9 minutes ago, d-a-m-o said:

Was expecting a new album this year, maybe delayed because of covid ? 

:shrug:

i expected something this year for sure, especially with warp driving everyone to the aphex mailing list.

but then again, i also predicted new boc this year. silly me.

21 minutes ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

i expected something this year for sure, especially with warp driving everyone to the aphex mailing list.

but then again, i also predicted new boc this year. silly me.

lol yeah what about this cheetah give-away ? Warp never announced the winner name right ?

Edited by d-a-m-o

Cor blimey Guvnor that scroat Richard James been telling’ porky pies just to get the punters in! Scoundrel he is.

Don’t forget the recent soundcloud tracks as well. The Brooklyn track is one of my favourites of his full stop. I didn’t really expect a new album just yet. I’d imagine what with his dad, and family matters due to COVID nothing really was on the horizon. Doubt he’s in the headspace for full albums. But he’s a crafty character so it’s always tricky to guarantee anything :aphexsign:

Edited by beerwolf

36 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

Don’t forget the recent soundcloud tracks as well.

those would've made a lovely EP. i don't think he can be arsed with standard label/industry procedure, the guy just wants to get his music out there as and when.

anyway, with his new tape deck, we may see some reissues/remasters of his earlier works. wasn't SAW 85-92 a cassette jobby? i think most of his material after that was recorded onto DAT

9 hours ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

those would've made a lovely EP. i don't think he can be arsed with standard label/industry procedure, the guy just wants to get his music out there as and when.

anyway, with his new tape deck, we may see some reissues/remasters of his earlier works. wasn't SAW 85-92 a cassette jobby? i think most of his material after that was recorded onto DAT

i thought about this recently - his first two major albums (saw1+sosw) were based on cassette masters, and it seems that once he settled on Warp as a major label he was eager to use DATs as often as possible. didn't he mention a certain time when he shelled out brand new DAT equipment with "military-style cases" to protect all the tapes?

i like the idea of richard putting out the On EP and fully making the most of those high-end percussion sounds, especially in 73-yips, and Xepha which is apparently musically based on sampled dat glitches. it's like he put out as much music as the execs would let him from cassette masters, and by the time he started composing for DATs he painted the town red with those highs - donkey rhubarb, ab3 942937, start as you mean to go on ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

They do make a lovely ep! I listen to them like an ep and for me its top tier afx, actually prefer it to collapse tbh.. not sure if its just cause of how it was released but always surprises me that they don't get more love and attention!  

On 10/23/2020 at 11:36 AM, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

If only his label would give him some webspace to host material that he could upload at a whim...

• Haha 1
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think it would be really nice if some newly transferred SoundCloud stuff was put up for sale/download. I would very much like to hear what’s on those old cassettes in best possible quality. That would definitely make my day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

What is good ol Richard up to these days? 

He comes in on Soundcloud sometimes and write 2-3 messages and leaves and Im so happy when i also uploads a track. 

But is he possible planing some big release? Album? EP? 

Still Brooklyn tracks is not released. Are there anthing more?