IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

Aphex Twin: The Album

the man has set up his synths. they've been calibrated, their tuning procedures are in order. linked together by midi (or in some cases cv, or "cool voltage") they are set up so that when he presses "run" or "play" or "start" on his vintage Rolandos sequencer box what will transpire is music by Aphex Twin. for the most part, this is dance music, electronica, and is based on beats that he does on drum machines rather than real drums. one of his signature styles is how the beats will not just be a straightforward loop but they will have intricate fills and in some cases even display "fuckery" (this is largely done on the computer, sometimes even for a laugh on a laptop in the car with his mates). if all goes according to plan there will be a distinct sense of "wow, this is doing my head in" but balanced with an overall presence of lushness and emotions. the latter will entail feelings of melancholic nostalgia, a longing for something you can never have, but as well a feeling of inner peace and increased sense of depth to your being. there will be basslines which will often be "acid" and quite fast. rarely will there be a bass guitar, the listener can almost bet the bass will be "synth." as for equipment, well of course there will be the Rolands and the Korgs, this goes without saying. but Ricard will also be unable to help himself and will surely include some obscure synth no one else even has called something like the Logan Electrocomputer or Leopard Digitatrix 51 (rack mount). no one can truly say what these sound like but we suspect some of the lushness as well as the fuckery might be coming from these. the signal path will go through some high end channel strips such as SSL or Rubert Neve. he can afford such luxuries because he was a pioneer of Rave and featured on MTV. i've also heard rumors he was payed by madonna to do intricate background music for her practices in Kabbalah and Mysticism. richard does not believe in these Religious Arts but he supports the paths of Mystery in general and is suspicious of the secular world of conspiring politicians and corporations. of course, one or two "leads" will be performed on the EMS SYNTHI 100 which only jack dangers will be able to recognize and i am sure he will find these parts in particular quite agreeable. once the sequence is done, richar will likely go to his computer and bounce the mix to mp3 and bring this with him on a plane. he will of course leave it there in signature "for cash" fashion but because of Covid warp will not release 26 of these tracks due to disagreements with ric's refusal to follow safety protocols of the united kingdom of great britain. these will remain unreleased for years, decades even. no one will hear from rocard during this time. people will post online about the drum programming of "flim" and wonder what this great man is up to. meanwhile, he will be producing more tracks in the "aphex" style and will eventually release the many years old music on the internet over the course of several highly caffeinated "web sessions." fans will be so grateful and the press will document that this is taking place. he will write brief comments from time to time which will provide a sense that he is relatable to his fans and in some ways kind of like their friend. upon his death it will be learned that he has 100 million hours of unreleased music and elon musk will by the archive which he will launch into space so that it will perpetually orbit the planet earth playing into the permanent silence of outer space.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, cern said:

What is good ol Richard up to these days? 

He comes in on Soundcloud sometimes and write 2-3 messages and leaves and Im so happy when i also uploads a track. 

But is he possible planing some big release? Album? EP? 

Still Brooklyn tracks is not released. Are there anthing more? 

yeah mate im just working on an album (selected ambient works 3). im releasing it next week. hope u enjoy it

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Alcofribas said:

and will surely include some obscure synth no one else even has called something

<3

Edited by Dragon

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty sure I need a new Aphex album this year. Syro still disappoints, so it’s been a longtime. It’s excellent he uses his soundcloud to give us a few treats but I feel like it has to be all singing and all dancing Aphex Twin album no. 7. 

I wonder what it will sound like? There’s not many artists who are so far into their career you can say that about. I think if I could choose it would be double (obviously!) one side ambient and one side total rip-your-face-off-and-skewer-your-brain bonkers. Ying and yang.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

For the most part, wasn't too impressed about the dropped live tracks, although there were some great parts too, so don't know what I should expect from the possible new stuff. AFX Novation promo snippet was slick though. Aphex rarely has disappointed me, so whatever there will come, I'm pretty sure it will see some heavy play.

Was thinking the other day that now that R&S has been semi-cancelled, dunno if I should dry my drool and bury my hopes for saw 1.5 / extended saw I. Of course Bleepstore would be the most ideal place to drop those new found archive tracks, but its only function nowadays seems to be gathering dust. As beautiful as the SC dump was (personally one of the best things ever happened), can't see another big SC batch happening ever again. Would be sweet if Rich really had that archivist assistant to do the dirty work, if that's the reason for backlog slowing things down.

And the reminder why it is important

Spoiler

♥️♥️♥️

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, hijexx said:

Kinda funny as earth centric hippie focused he seems to be that he’s gonna cash in on NFT.

Aphex umbrellas were just the testing ground

• Haha 1

On 2/20/2021 at 3:19 AM, Uros said:

For the most part, wasn't too impressed about the dropped live tracks, although there were some great parts too, so don't know what I should expect from the possible new stuff. AFX Novation promo snippet was slick though. Aphex rarely has disappointed me, so whatever there will come, I'm pretty sure it will see some heavy play.

Was thinking the other day that now that R&S has been semi-cancelled, dunno if I should dry my drool and bury my hopes for saw 1.5 / extended saw I. Of course Bleepstore would be the most ideal place to drop those new found archive tracks, but its only function nowadays seems to be gathering dust. As beautiful as the SC dump was (personally one of the best things ever happened), can't see another big SC batch happening ever again. Would be sweet if Rich really had that archivist assistant to do the dirty work, if that's the reason for backlog slowing things down.

And the reminder why it is important

Hide contents

♥️♥️♥️

This has become my "minipops" most-wanted track to be released. Imagine another SYRO with all his unreleased gems like this (and more)...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 7:36 PM, d-a-m-o said:

At this point he might be trolling, I mean it's not like we're waiting for the tapes since 2017/18...

maybe he just stopped all business until the pandemic is over as he can't crosspromote gigs and vinyl / tapes right now 

3 hours ago, o00o said:

maybe he just stopped all business until the pandemic is over as he can't crosspromote gigs and vinyl / tapes right now 

SC dump received a nice petit response in its moderate way without a large-scale world tour.

But seriously, when Rich stopped the tour, I thought something sick will be due sOoOn and there will be an onslaught of releases and tracks, new and old, to flood us over. Got a synth skin and a fucking gif.

Spoiler

OK, was quite knob post when thinking all the tracks we've gotten from 2014 onwards. But when comparing to those AE guys who know how to pet the fans. sigh

3 hours ago, Uros said:

all the tracks we've gotten from 2014 onwards

i'd say close to 400 songs. more than most put out in a lifetime. now i wanna count them up:)

On 3/22/2021 at 6:57 PM, diatoms said:

i'd say close to 400 songs. more than most put out in a lifetime. now i wanna count them up:)

if you take the output from the "Equation" from windowlicker ep and plot it over T = time, you get a distribution of all rdj's compositions and released with track lengths, release dates (in unix time) and a log scale indicating "QG", which i haven't figured out yet.

basically the entire track is a sigil covering his life's work, and the noises at the end contain information about climate change, solutions to COVID, and sequels to SAW2 pressed on solid gold tablets.

• Haha 2