New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

At this point he might be trolling, I mean it's not like we're waiting for the tapes since 2017/18...

Edited by d-a-m-o
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No not really. It’s just a really douchey move to intentionally disappoint a ton of uber-fans that have a lot of interest in, are emotionally invested in, and find solace in the artists’ new music. It

The year's not quite over yet...

Posted Images

On 2/20/2021 at 3:19 AM, Uros said:

For the most part, wasn't too impressed about the dropped live tracks, although there were some great parts too, so don't know what I should expect from the possible new stuff. AFX Novation promo snippet was slick though. Aphex rarely has disappointed me, so whatever there will come, I'm pretty sure it will see some heavy play.

Was thinking the other day that now that R&S has been semi-cancelled, dunno if I should dry my drool and bury my hopes for saw 1.5 / extended saw I. Of course Bleepstore would be the most ideal place to drop those new found archive tracks, but its only function nowadays seems to be gathering dust. As beautiful as the SC dump was (personally one of the best things ever happened), can't see another big SC batch happening ever again. Would be sweet if Rich really had that archivist assistant to do the dirty work, if that's the reason for backlog slowing things down.

And the reminder why it is important

Hide contents

♥️♥️♥️

This has become my "minipops" most-wanted track to be released. Imagine another SYRO with all his unreleased gems like this (and more)...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 7:36 PM, d-a-m-o said:

At this point he might be trolling, I mean it's not like we're waiting for the tapes since 2017/18...

maybe he just stopped all business until the pandemic is over as he can't crosspromote gigs and vinyl / tapes right now 

3 hours ago, o00o said:

maybe he just stopped all business until the pandemic is over as he can't crosspromote gigs and vinyl / tapes right now 

SC dump received a nice petit response in its moderate way without a large-scale world tour.

But seriously, when Rich stopped the tour, I thought something sick will be due sOoOn and there will be an onslaught of releases and tracks, new and old, to flood us over. Got a synth skin and a fucking gif.

Spoiler

OK, was quite knob post when thinking all the tracks we've gotten from 2014 onwards. But when comparing to those AE guys who know how to pet the fans. sigh

3 hours ago, Uros said:

all the tracks we've gotten from 2014 onwards

i'd say close to 400 songs. more than most put out in a lifetime. now i wanna count them up:)

On 3/22/2021 at 6:57 PM, diatoms said:

i'd say close to 400 songs. more than most put out in a lifetime. now i wanna count them up:)

if you take the output from the "Equation" from windowlicker ep and plot it over T = time, you get a distribution of all rdj's compositions and released with track lengths, release dates (in unix time) and a log scale indicating "QG", which i haven't figured out yet.

basically the entire track is a sigil covering his life's work, and the noises at the end contain information about climate change, solutions to COVID, and sequels to SAW2 pressed on solid gold tablets.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Dragon said:

if you take the output from the "Equation" from windowlicker ep and plot it over T = time

Well, you get a waveform

3 hours ago, nikisoko said:

Well, you get a waveform

and if you try to pronounce it, you get a nosebleed. obv. the title "equation" is fan-made, not nearly as interesting as the back of the ep.

• 3 weeks later...

I do not care much about another thing - just release the tapes pls

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, thumbass said:

Were was this posted?

That was hidden in that NTF-crypto file

Somethings gonna happen and Im almost sure it has something with drukqs a re-issue

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

mfw time begins to dilate backwards as everyone on earth experiences "avril 14th, reversed irl not in audio" followed by nineteen bonus tracks, us fans waiting with baited breath for them to be unreleased one by one.

It's weird, been listening to Drukqs a lot over the past week. Sure its a bit of subconscious Avril 14 influence, but it's reminded me how much I love this thing to pieces. 

Also weird to think it's been 20 years. Fucking nuts. I'd love a re-release, would buy it again for like the 5th time (kept losing/breaking cds, then bought it from bleep digital then bought it AGAIN from the Aphex page cause new tracks and whatnot). 

RAVE tomorrow, call this number 04142021 after 4:20 for directions

No Bad Vibes, Drama or weapons

drukQs OK

:aphexsign:

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, ReVoodle said:

Oh shit. If it's pretty much anything besides a Drukqs reissue I will be so fucking stoked.

:cisfor: