Jump to content

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]


Time Tourist
 Share

Recommended Posts

It was inside the NFT and I think people were hoping that this not-worth-100k thing had more to it than just being a scam. Music will come when it does. In the meantime, it was fun speculating on what/if this was if it were to have dropped today. Still would kill for a drukqs re-issue. WARP, please...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

No not really. It’s just a really douchey move to intentionally disappoint a ton of uber-fans that have a lot of interest in, are emotionally invested in, and find solace in the artists’ new music. It’s not much different than your bank promising you a high rate of interest only to turn around and be like humph 0.25% har har jokes on you! Ha! You didn’t get what you expected! So brilliant to mislead you! Ha!

 

It’s p shit marketing. Imagine a similar scenario when you buy groceries? You get celery every time you paid for ribeye for the last 31 years? 😂

I just think the day and age of these mystery campaigns and shit are behind us. Give us the the music. Take our money (the same money the faithful fans have shelled out for decades). We’re like ages 30-55 now.

Yeah this. It's not like we are demanding music every month cuz we are spoilt brats, we were promised something, that's it. You don't put some mysterious dates just for great banter and hahas.

If this was intentional just to lower my guard down then yeah, tap yourself on a fucking shoulder, you made it! But if you think this will make me even more enthusiastic about anything that will suddenly pop out of warp, weirdcore or this freaka tit guy then no, couldn't care less. Autechre for instance knows how to handle audience and other things, they make you look like a fucking amateurs by a long mile. 

Edited by Adamovich
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, colunga said:

Oh right it’s the 20th Anniversary of Drukqs and there’s no plans for anything :catface:

Yeah. I Remember the anniversary for all his other albums where we got boxsets with outtakes, b-sides, remixes and alternate takes.

  • Big Brain 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

one in a hundred million chance of 14042021 being a random coincidence

we've been trolled

very funny richard/weirdcore

i guess i will have to listen to some of the other millions of good songs stored digitally on earth

but i will choose to cling to the richie sombrero theory that this was a marketing misfire intended to signal an anniversary event later this year, since we are a weird internet stalker club/cult

Edited by very honest
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

For sure - this is the most likely scenario imo. 

It's either that or Steve Beckett said the new record was "quite good" and Rich wont give them the masters now. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

Its not, kind of odd. Maybe... I got it. New Aphex drops December 02, 4140! Exclusively available in the Black Lodge!!!

Afaik that’s how Americans write dates... so maybe something related to murica (that didn’t happened)

Edited by xox
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

No not really. It’s just a really douchey move to intentionally disappoint a ton of uber-fans that have a lot of interest in, are emotionally invested in, and find solace in the artists’ new music. It’s not much different than your bank promising you a high rate of interest only to turn around and be like humph 0.25% har har jokes on you! Ha! You didn’t get what you expected! So brilliant to mislead you! Ha!

I just think the day and age of these mystery campaigns and shit are behind us. Give us the the music. Take our money (the same money the faithful fans have shelled out for decades). We’re like ages 30-55 now.

I agree it's a really douchey move. still think it's funny though.. in a very douchey way

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jules said:

Is the song name 14th Avril?

no

but shouldn't it be said 14th OF April if you turn them around? but writing dates with just numbers is much more strict (dunno ... am not an expert in english, but that much i do know)

and Avril 14th sounds better 

Edited by xox
Link to comment
Share on other sites

there is of course there is the other possibility that its a password to a dropbox/soundcloud/deep-web site that contains the q-chastic dubplate, melodies from mars remake, badger album and Drukqs 2021...

i'll leave that for the BOC fans to work out tho. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

regarding the date questions, its pretty clearly a date in american format, cant really see it referring to anything else> april 14 2021.  this freeka tet person who posted it resides in nyc so that would make sense as well.  either way in the end we seem to be left with trolling :shrug:

Edited by markedone
Link to comment
Share on other sites

my take on this: he's using the NFT format to test whether or not fans would notice/react to things like this, and it turns out we have.

when the soundcloud activity started back in 2015, he tried to upload another artist's track (as "80s tite") to test the copyright algorithm - and it worked, sc picked it up despite it being so obscure. NFT is such a new thing, he'd be stupid not to hide files in it and guage the reaction.

btw, how much did NIN fans freak out about Ghosts 37 and 38 when they were discovered? i wanna get a base line here.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Dragon said:

my take on this: he's using the NFT format to test whether or not fans would notice/react to things like this, and it turns out we have.

when the soundcloud activity started back in 2015, he tried to upload another artist's track (as "80s tite") to test the copyright algorithm - and it worked, sc picked it up despite it being so obscure. NFT is such a new thing, he'd be stupid not to hide files in it and guage the reaction.

btw, how much did NIN fans freak out about Ghosts 37 and 38 when they were discovered? i wanna get a base line here.

Maybe I’d be inclined to agree with that if Weirdcore didn’t upload a step by step guide to unlock a troll 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jules said:

Maybe I’d be inclined to agree with that if Weirdcore didn’t upload a step by step guide to unlock a troll 

 

 

perhaps not a troll, but a serious attempt to find out how much effort it takes to find a hidden file in there. for all we know, it could've been present for ages before Weirdcore caved in with the instructions

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Dragon said:

perhaps not a troll, but a serious attempt to find out how much effort it takes to find a hidden file in there. for all we know, it could've been present for ages before Weirdcore caved in with the instructions

 

That's my new mission in life: checking every video file if it's not a hidden .zip...:rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.