New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No not really. It’s just a really douchey move to intentionally disappoint a ton of uber-fans that have a lot of interest in, are emotionally invested in, and find solace in the artists’ new music. It

The year's not quite over yet...

Posted Images

my take on this: he's using the NFT format to test whether or not fans would notice/react to things like this, and it turns out we have.

when the soundcloud activity started back in 2015, he tried to upload another artist's track (as "80s tite") to test the copyright algorithm - and it worked, sc picked it up despite it being so obscure. NFT is such a new thing, he'd be stupid not to hide files in it and guage the reaction.

btw, how much did NIN fans freak out about Ghosts 37 and 38 when they were discovered? i wanna get a base line here.

• Like 3
18 hours ago, Dragon said:

my take on this: he's using the NFT format to test whether or not fans would notice/react to things like this, and it turns out we have.

when the soundcloud activity started back in 2015, he tried to upload another artist's track (as "80s tite") to test the copyright algorithm - and it worked, sc picked it up despite it being so obscure. NFT is such a new thing, he'd be stupid not to hide files in it and guage the reaction.

btw, how much did NIN fans freak out about Ghosts 37 and 38 when they were discovered? i wanna get a base line here.

Maybe I’d be inclined to agree with that if Weirdcore didn’t upload a step by step guide to unlock a troll 

1 hour ago, jules said:

Maybe I’d be inclined to agree with that if Weirdcore didn’t upload a step by step guide to unlock a troll 

perhaps not a troll, but a serious attempt to find out how much effort it takes to find a hidden file in there. for all we know, it could've been present for ages before Weirdcore caved in with the instructions

44 minutes ago, Dragon said:

perhaps not a troll, but a serious attempt to find out how much effort it takes to find a hidden file in there. for all we know, it could've been present for ages before Weirdcore caved in with the instructions

That's my new mission in life: checking every video file if it's not a hidden .zip...:rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, Adamovich said:

That's my new mission in life: checking every video file if it's not a hidden .zip...:rolleyes:

*checks the runoff screen on my VHS of Windowlicker for clues*

2 minutes ago, auxien said:

*checks the runoff screen on my VHS of Windowlicker for clues*

speaking of, when this will be out:

jfc...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 4/17/2021 at 3:30 PM, jules said:

are u certain it was weirdcore? i thought it was freeka tet? 

1 hour ago, Bodhidharma said:

are u certain it was weirdcore? i thought it was freeka tet? 

I’m pretty sure it was. It’s fine either way, no worries. Something will come out someday

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1
On 4/18/2021 at 7:42 AM, cyanobacteria said:

random pic i found dont know where else to post

Aerial-of-Small-Property.jpg

Is this what he planted to offset the carbon impact of the non fungus tolkien?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
On 4/14/2021 at 4:22 PM, DavieAddison said:

Drop the Melodies From Mars remake you coward

I received this e mail today but 2 hours later  it was already out of stock. Anyone knows if it’s legit ? (Or already posted, sorryz then)

6366C229-35A6-42AD-A9A0-7CFAF830B8E5.png

Edited by zaizai
  • Confused 1

Seems like light-years

Edited by beerwolf
On 4/17/2021 at 12:28 PM, Adamovich said:

speaking of, when this will be out:

jfc...

Based on the still shot that the infamous shoop was created with, you got the feeling that she was a no-nonsense Latina who was done with your shit. Seeing her irl anime eyes and smile completely changes that. I wonder what else she went on to do in late 90s LA. 

Aphex Twin
Melodies From Mars
Cat: 050307 9. Rel: 01 Jan 90

Released on January 01, 1990 ???
11 minutes ago, psn said:

Unix time + 20 years.

so Melodies From Mars will be released on January 19, 2038

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, diatoms said:

so Melodies From Mars will be released on January 19, 2038

soooon

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i just wanna go to an aphex acid rave with everyone

:aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

• Like 3