Jump to content

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]


Time Tourist
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 4/30/2021 at 6:39 AM, xxx said:

Based on the still shot that the infamous shoop was created with, you got the feeling that she was a no-nonsense Latina who was done with your shit. Seeing her irl anime eyes and smile completely changes that. I wonder what else she went on to do in late 90s LA. 

Yeah, she's gorgeous but in the windowlicker original photo she kinda looks like "meh, they're not gonna see my pretty face anyway, whatevs"...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

maybe wrong topic for this but does anyone like Tunings for falling asleep (not counting the Korg tracks but I like those a lot)? I just listened to it for like the second time I think and while I do really like it it feels extremely inessential

 

it's got a nice vibe even if i can't fall asleep to any sort of music (i've tried multiple times it just does not work for me)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, X4creek said:

maybe wrong topic for this but does anyone like Tunings for falling asleep (not counting the Korg tracks but I like those a lot)? I just listened to it for like the second time I think and while I do really like it it feels extremely inessential

 

it's got a nice vibe even if i can't fall asleep to any sort of music (i've tried multiple times it just does not work for me)

yeah it's underrated! it's easy to miss under all that 2017 material + bonuses etc but it works great as a standalone album. i get the impression it was quite easy to make, but there isn't much else like it and i'd love to find out if rdj is interested in taking that style further.

it's the audio equivalent of big, perfect cinema with breathtaking visuals and a simple story. just little ideas made to be sumptuous and delightful 💙💙💙

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I always liked the tuning trax.

The 'sleep aid' concept was limited by the fact its only 10 minutes long and its bundled with the 2 hi energy korg tracks, but I love the vibe. Radiophonic Workshop style Clangers lunarscapes , hope we get something more in this vein.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I never really mentioned it on watmm, but i got super obsessed with those korg tunings tracks for a while when they came out.  really addictive stuff.  i assume they were all made on the monologue?

there is a release it reminds me of by a different artist, that was composed entirely on korg mono/poly, and has a lot in common if anyone else loves this vibe

 

Edited by markedone
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

                                                            user18081971's 50th birthday in two months

                                                                        maybe a huge release to celebrate

                                                                                    :aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

wouldn't hold my breath for the birthday celebration but I really hope the NEW stuff (and I mean a new album of new music) is planned for this fall...

one can dream...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, d-a-m-o said:

wouldn't hold my breath for the birthday celebration but I really hope the NEW stuff (and I mean a new album of new music) is planned for this fall...

one can dream...

Either that or the high quality rips from the casette deck that he had built for himself that he was teasing about would be cool for this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Consul said:

Either that or the high quality rips from the casette deck that he had built for himself that he was teasing about would be cool for this year.

                                                       i actually stopped listening to the soundclurd dump because of him mentioning this

                                                                      was gonna get blown away again like 2015 but in hq

                                                                            think i'll go back now though, too many memories and fun times

                                                             we buried my dad on january 28, 2015

                                                                            rdj releasing and continually releasing new tunes right then and throughout the year into the next

                                                                                              helped me get through the loss of my dad

                                                                       which i'm tearing up over right now

                                                                                   can't thank you enough aphex:)

                           at least the ones i thought were grandest, i voted for (http://user18081971.watmm.com/vote/tracks/top30/) and they were released

                                                                                        Pretend Analog Extmix 2B,e2,ru                                                      

                                                                                    Spiral Staircase (AFX Remix)

                                                                                              28 organ 1.1 [ru,ec,+9]    (wish it still had the alien babble part)

                                                                                 with my family [48k] *

                                                                                                      no cares [48k ] *

                                                                                               consciousness utopia

                                                                                                           p-string

                                                                                    sekonda e,+2

                                                                                               efil pearls ,e,+4

                                                                                                            winding road ,e,+4.1

                                                                                                    clissold 101[dat28 otari] 48k *

                                                                                             T08 dx1+5

                                                                                                                             T13 Quadraverbia N+3

                                                                                                                     except this from circklon demo

                                                                                                      4x Atlantis take1    glad he released this beatless 4am rave monster

 

                                                                                                             Thanks RDJ:)

                                                                                                       :aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, nebularisme said:

new activity in the store, at the moment is "just" the peel session 2, and it seems some page of the merch are gone..

Yeah it has the option of buying a vinyl too but I can't preview the tracks.

EDIT: Now I can

Edited by Consul
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seeing as we’ve had towels, umbrellas and face masks I was wondering if we could have (as it’s coming up to Christmas) maybe an Aphex Twin/Bat Man style utility belt complete with various SAS Iranian Embassy siege styled devices (mini grappling hook, wire cutters, knife, hand axe, mag lite, smoke grenades). Black boiler suit with Aphex Twin logo, Aphex balaclava and an Aphex Gas Mask. I’d pay a lot of money for that mate. Think about it 🤌 💰 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, nebularisme said:

new activity in the store, at the moment is "just" the peel session 2, and it seems some page of the merch are gone..

Is this the first download in the official store that's available in 24-bit? Seems to me that previous high-res Aphex Twin downloads were available only from other stores (Bleep, Qobuz, etc.).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Seeing as we’ve had towels, umbrellas and face masks I was wondering if we could have (as it’s coming up to Christmas) maybe an Aphex Twin/Bat Man style utility belt complete with various SAS Iranian Embassy siege styled devices (mini grappling hook, wire cutters, knife, hand axe, mag lite, smoke grenades). Black boiler suit with Aphex Twin logo, Aphex balaclava and an Aphex Gas Mask. I’d pay a lot of money for that mate. Think about it 🤌 💰 

I want that and tanks - proper sized fuckers too, not some shit remote controlled toy…..

 

and affordable bank vault style housing… interior design by Afx

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, bighairycellar said:

Is this the first download in the official store that's available in 24-bit? Seems to me that previous high-res Aphex Twin downloads were available only from other stores (Bleep, Qobuz, etc.).

No, the first 24 bit in his store is MARCHROMT30a Edit 2b 96

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...