IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

39 minutes ago, MIXL2 said:

boring

guys i think this forum is heading in a completely new direction. new innovative watmm memes are sure to follow as we resisted the really obvious answer to that question

1 hour ago, Wunderbar said:

How would you describe this sound ?

• Facepalm 1

18 minutes ago, Dragon said:

guys i think this forum is heading in a completely new direction. new innovative watmm memes are sure to follow as we resisted the really obvious answer to that question

Do you think aphex likes being the big or little spoon?

• Thanks 1

there are like 6 threads on that manchester show. in this one i posted the way to easily rip the hq audio from the facebook broadcast of it, which included a different audiotrack that i thought was better.

though idk if yt has been updated since then. i seem to recall that the youtube audio was updated before that. each time it was a better mix, kind of seemed like richard had adjusted the mix a couple times. same thing happened with the printworks one once or twice, new and improved audio track was replaced in the video.

you guys don't have to be as into it as i am but i have enjoyed that 22 minute segment on drives a number of times. recently i revisited it and it seemed like a section had opened up for me and it all sounded different. i tried breaking it into distinct tracks at one point, but i think i found that it seemed like a 22 minute composition. maybe the 6 minute part at the beginning could be sliced off, if anything, but the latter 16 minutes i concluded were pretty definitely all one prepared live composition. i reached that conclusion based on 2 things. 1 is the version from a week earlier in london, printworks. parts from the london verson appear in the manchester version but in different places and done differently. the london one is explicitly labeled in an official tracklist as mini-live-set pt 1-4. the manchester one doesn't have an official tracklist but we can conclude by the parts from mini live set in london that it is the manchester mini-live-set. so comparing those 2 provides a lot of insight. london is jazzier and manchester is more epic. the other premise of my analysis is that you can find instruments from later in earlier parts, as a way to try to gauge if any sections are truly separate. it's cool that he reworked an 11 minute piece into a 22 minute piece in a week and that we get to see that process. maybe he live-performed some unreleased songs, integrating them into the longer performance? 

Edited by trying to be less rude

13 minutes ago, trying to be less rude said:

london is jazzier and manchester is more epic.

17 hours ago, Dragon said:

How would you describe this sound ?

Epic jazz ? 

Spoiler
Edited by _vow_of_silence_
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, trying to be less rude said:

though idk if yt has been updated since then. i seem to recall that the youtube audio was updated before that. each time it was a better mix, kind of seemed like richard had adjusted the mix a couple times. same thing happened with the printworks one once or twice, new and improved audio track was replaced in the video.

you guys don't have to be as into it as i am but i have enjoyed that 22 minute segment on drives a number of times. recently i revisited it and it seemed like a section had opened up for me and it all sounded different. i tried breaking it into distinct tracks at one point, but i think i found that it seemed like a 22 minute composition. maybe the 6 minute part at the beginning could be sliced off, if anything, but the latter 16 minutes i concluded were pretty definitely all one prepared live composition. i reached that conclusion based on 2 things. 1 is the version from a week earlier in london, printworks. parts from the london verson appear in the manchester version but in different places and done differently. the london one is explicitly labeled in an official tracklist as mini-live-set pt 1-4. the manchester one doesn't have an official tracklist but we can conclude by the parts from mini live set in london that it is the manchester mini-live-set. so comparing those 2 provides a lot of insight. london is jazzier and manchester is more epic. the other premise of my analysis is that you can find instruments from later in earlier parts, as a way to try to gauge if any sections are truly separate. it's cool that he reworked an 11 minute piece into a 22 minute piece in a week and that we get to see that process. maybe he live-performed some unreleased songs, integrating them into the longer performance? 

good job with the journaling and analysis. guess I been digesting the manchester show for so long that I simply forgot to give london proper attention. 

14 hours ago, trying to be less rude said:

in an official tracklist

where did that tracklist come from, tho?

Edited by tbf

17 minutes ago, tbf said:

good job with the journaling and analysis. guess I been digesting the manchester show for so long that I simply forgot to give manchester proper attention. 

where did that tracklist come from, tho?

The official YouTube account

3 minutes ago, trying to be less rude said:

The official YouTube account

dumb me no look first :}

I think the fact they're called parts still points towards different embryos of tracks, even if it's a similarly themed EP, like Cheeta for instance, specific gear set in a controlled environment. watching the london show now it's obvious those were pre-determined themes, done on the fly, but the re-arrangement makes it sound like they're separate tracks, performed together for this "live" intermission section. almost like a glimpse at an EP in the middle of the set

could be wrong, tho. maybe he really took a liking for these more contrasting switch ups, like in T69 Collapse and that's more of that type of experimentation, only transposed to a live setting, where you can get away with different things

• Like 1

He made some cool jungle tracks that was on that old Lost DAT. 

RDJ have played alot of Current Value tracks. Honestly I think Current Values music is just random DnB but little bit more on steroids. 

Maybe RDJ would release a more Jungle/DnB kind of style EP/Album next time. 

8 hours ago, chronical said:

always assumed this was part of the collab with paradox

not working here

7 hours ago, cern said:

Some Rushup Edge CS-80 kinda pads there 

that's just the isolated pads and vocoder vocals from last rushup 10 M, no? maybe not the final version, but pretty sure. always wondered how that video surfaced

Edited by tbf

9 hours ago, tbf said:

not working here

that's just the isolated pads and vocoder vocals from last rushup 10 M, no? maybe not the final version, but pretty sure. always wondered how that video surfaced

I was not thinking about the vocoder of course only the pads. Sounds similar. That pulsating (rotating) analogue style. 

On 2/13/2022 at 7:22 PM, tbf said:

not working here

Aphex posted it on youtube, I believe.

• 3 weeks later...